I modify a texture but nothing happens

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderator: Oleg

Sun2k

I modify a texture but nothing happens

Post by Sun2k »

Hi everyone,

Do you know why when I try to change the skin texture (by adding a tattoo for example) of a Ped nothing happens.

Is there any adjustment to make?

Thanks
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: I modify a texture but nothing happens

Post by Oleg »

can you be more specific on term "nothing happens"? Have you managed to configure material in ZModeler and uv-map model onto texture? do you see changes in ZModeler properly? does the problem relate to the game not showing texture/addon? have you tried to use any of original model's textures as a test (to be sure the game finds this texture) - does a modified model appears with changes you've made?

The game has a build-in textures management and textures replacement mechanism for ped models, it can suppress settings on materials in a .ydd file and feed the model with different textures (to create random dress/outfit on ped models). So, putting a new texture onto a model and adding this texture into a .ytd is not a guarantee for the game to catch and use this texture on a ped.
Sun2k

Post by Sun2k »

Thank you for your answer.

In fact I have not yet taken the Zmodeler subscription... I just modified the texture with Photoshop and reimport the texture ".ytd" in the folder and I visualize the ped 3d with Open IV but there is no change
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

actually, it should take effect in openIV, unless the model you see there does not actually use the texture you have modified.
Sun2k

Post by Sun2k »

Ok thanks,

Is it possible that a Ped has the colors and details of the skin but has no texture?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

no. all in-game shaders have diffuse texture in use, so any geometry requires to have main texture assigned. if certain texture is missing, the texture from previous geometry block is retained in texture slot and you will get a flickering random textures on a model in such a case.
Sun2k

Post by Sun2k »

Thank you, I understand better.

If you have some time, can you try to add for example a touch of color (in my test see the photo below) to see if the change works for you or not? For me this change has no effect

Here is the link of the Ped: https://fr.gta5-mods.com/player/marie-rose-nude

Here is the picture of the slightly modified texture:
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

nope, I don't mod the game. May be other users could assist you.
Sun2k

Post by Sun2k »

OK thanks