Getting the images to scale for creating the mesh

Discuss ZModeler 1 series issues here, ask for help and help others to become advanced users

Moderator: Oleg

zmod1user

Getting the images to scale for creating the mesh

Post by zmod1user »

Hello,

I searched for some images, of a particular vehicle, and I thought I'd use these.

What resolution must they be?

Couple more for choice. :?

Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Getting the images to scale for creating the mesh

Post by Oleg »

In general, you should chop the image, so only vehicle is fit there. Then create a square canvas, say, 1024x1024 and put the chopped photo there. Rescale it with respect to "aspect ratio" (proportion of height/width, no stretching) so the vehicle fits the canvas. the save this canvas as .dds texture (.jpg should work fine too) and you can load this image in "Textures Browser" in ZModeler. Then you can use texture as a background image in viewport (viewport's upper menu settings).

Among your photos only the one with grey background of the side view is somewhat suitable for tracing image. The front view is made from a very close distance and has significant perspective distortion. Perfect tracing image should be made from the maximum distance (with maximum camera zoom) possible.

Tracing images are better choice.

Check this old guide for ZModeler2:
https://www.zmodeler2.com/docs/program/ ... mages.html
zmod1user

Post by zmod1user »

Hi Oleg,

I thought the one with the grey one was a good one to use, to begin with. Well the front is more of a guide, may require scaling down a little.

I tried this. Not quite right.

Here is the example you stated I should try. Would you like to try?
zmod1user

Post by zmod1user »

I am not sure how to do what you stated about the canvas, if you could try that for me for the side image?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

the better way is to create empty canvas. then paste the image and use Image->Scale if I'm not mistaken.
zmod1user

Post by zmod1user »

Hi,

I did try that, it doesn't fit in with the canvas, could I not use the modified image as it is. As for the front, I couldn't find any good images. I did see a blueprint site, but the site is no longer which may of had what blueprints for free. some old site.

I may have to improvise. :shock:
zmod1user

Post by zmod1user »

I actually just found one.

I think this will do for the front.

http://carinpicture.com/2012/01/kia-pic ... -photo-09/ :)
zmod1user

Post by zmod1user »

I cropped this.

https://i.postimg.cc/B6YmmkK0/Kia-Pican ... oto-09.jpg

This will be okay to use for the front as is?
zmod1user

Post by zmod1user »

Actually viewable on here.
zmod1user

Post by zmod1user »

Does zanoza 3 open zanoza 2 files?

I tried to open Zanoza modeler 2 on windows 7. I got this error.

What is the solution to that.

Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Install packages from this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5376

In particular, the package "MS VisualStudio redistributive" vcredist_x86.exe
zmod1user

Post by zmod1user »

Okay, Zanoza Modeler 2 does work on windows 7. It doesn't have a use for me, you need a license to even do any editing for it.

As for what I'm doing with Zanoza modeler, I mainly trying to get an old Mafia model vehicle that I had created into vice city, since the file is a lot more detailed, everything needs to be scaled down.

But yes, the images were to try a new attempt for vc.

I do have one file for SA, but I have SA 3.0 which is locked, I don't remember how to unlock the software to add to the gta3 img archive. I was also trying to get these files in on windows 7, but the IMG tools fail on here. So I don't know, I'm stuck on the XP machines for as long as they work for these old files. :? I wanted to try and preserve them.
zmod1user

Post by zmod1user »

The image isn't any good, I did try the front, it doesn't load in the front window or the top for that matter. :?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

nope, you need a square image or an image with width/height be power of 2. E.g. 512x1024 pixels. Create a canvas of this size, then paste the photo onto this canvas (it will be centered automatically). flatten image and save as template image.

All of above is done in Photoshop.

You can measure the car on photo in pixels to ensure the side photo is matching the front photo done this way. For example, if your side canvas is 1024x512 and the car you've pasted in height is 480 pixels, then the front tracing image should be 512x512 with car be exactly 480 pixels in height... or if the front canvas is 1024x1024, (twice big), then the car on photo there should be 960 pixels height (twice big).
zmod1user

Post by zmod1user »

I never understood this, when i used blender, I just moved the images around, for some small 3d objects to create.

I used blueprints when I did try anything in Zanoza, I couldn't find any of scale for this particular model.
zmoduserOldfileinzm2

Post by zmoduserOldfileinzm2 »

Hi,

How do I switch of the wire setting for 3d view?

But yes, I couldn't post in Zanoza 2 section, so I just thought I'd include this here. The file is pretty useless, it could go in San Andreas, I have one file for it, but the copy I own is 2.0 locked, so I can't add anything to the GTA3 image file, it just freezes. I was able to add to it over ten years ago, but I don't remember, I tried GTAforums, but no assistance.

Unfortunately I didn't get any further with the model project.

Anyway, that is that.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

if i'm not mistaken, object names are important. You need to give correct names to each and every part, so the game recognizes them.

The perspective viewport will always show wireframe, as this is an "editing" viewport. You can switch it to '3D' viewport - it will not show wireframe.
zmod1user

Post by zmod1user »

I mean the model project in Zanoza which would be for vice city, as for the mini van, I did everything I remembered, so something worked, but it didn't load in.

I can't do anything for San Andreas. I don't want to pay £14 for another copy which would be an older version, when I have a perfectly good one.