Windows Tint

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
snowdxd1

Windows Tint

Post by snowdxd1 »

Hello yall, i'm very new to ZModeler3 and everything i've done so far was forum oriented, but i came to a problem while fixing my car that is the windows is not tinting, i found a youtube tutorial but it goes around removing windows tint and not actually inserting the possibility to tint the windows.

It's there any tutorial or forum post that i can read about windows tint and such?
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Windows Tint

Post by Oleg »

Hello. This is generally done by game's shader "vehicle_vehglass". The shader uses per-vertex alpha value to make a consideration with this glass should be tinted or not. In particular, the alpha value on vertices of vehicle's headlights is different than the one on windscreen, while the same shader/material can be used on both of them.

So, load an original game model and use "Surface\Paint\Color" tool in "Pick from vertex" mode to read data from vertices. you can read (and assign/change) Primary+Color or Primary+Alpha separately, not at the same time.
snowdxd1

Post by snowdxd1 »

Oleg wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:08 am Hello. This is generally done by game's shader "vehicle_vehglass". The shader uses per-vertex alpha value to make a consideration with this glass should be tinted or not. In particular, the alpha value on vertices of vehicle's headlights is different than the one on windscreen, while the same shader/material can be used on both of them.

So, load an original game model and use "Surface\Paint\Color" tool in "Pick from vertex" mode to read data from vertices. you can read (and assign/change) Primary+Color or Primary+Alpha separately, not at the same time.
Oh i see! Currently only the front windshield is not applying the window tint, is there any pre existing tutorial insde the forums to do so (i'm really new to ZModeler and all i am doing is by try and test)? I found the vehglass but if i change him to be black, all the glass (even the headlight) turns black, what i'm not getting is how the front windshield is the only window not tinting :/
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I doubt there are specific guides on this particular task. Check some guides regarding vertex paint to find info on how Surface\Paint\Color tool works. It can read/pick and write/paint per-vertex color data. Once you get used on how to deal with per-vertex color/alpha data, you can read data from original game model's vertices and apply the same color/alpha data on your own model.
zephyr

Need help with getting diamond texture on my ped

Post by zephyr »

So I have been trying to get a diamond-like texture on my ped like this - https://imgur.com/a/Ethjafl
I want it to have separate reflections on each polygon/faces like the image I shared above, However I can only get the shiny ped texture but I can't get it to have separate reflections on each polygon - https://imgur.com/a/e2PuBeQ

The material is appearing as a whole, Iam selecting the polygon mode and selecting polygons with the separated tool and applying the material, But still it does not have separate reflections on the polygons/faces, It is appearing as a whole.

Please let me know how can I apply the material to the mesh and they have different reflections on each face/polygon, So I can apply a diamond-like texture onto my peds, Your response will truly be appreciated.

(Posting this here because I do not have access to post new topics in other forums)