Zmodeler File Lost

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

guzman213

Zmodeler File Lost

Post by guzman213 »

I was wokring on my car till the program crashed. I then find out the z3d files disappeared off my desktop. Is there any way I can recover the file ? Where did it go if it didn't go to the bin ?
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Zmodeler File Lost

Post by Oleg »

what do you mean by "zmodeler file" ? The shortcut to run ZModeler or the .z3d scene you have saved?
In general, there are no options for the .z3d file to disappear. However, when you save the .z3d file, the previous .z3d file is renamed to .bak, then the new file is created. So, there is a moment, when no .z3d file is available. Check an availability of the file with .bak extension, this is a "backup" of your .z3d file. You can rename it to .z3d and open as usual.

If you have any issue with files disappearing or ZModeler not starting properly, I advise to
1. move ZModeler folder from a system drive. Do not hold your mods and files you work with on a system drive.
2. always run ZModeler as administrator.
3. add ZModeler folder and/or zmodeler3.exe application into exclude list of your antivirus or windows defender. it can cause various problems for the application so it can't run as it should.

In particular, if the "ZModeler file" is the shortcut to zmodeler3.exe or the zmodeler3.exe file itself, it is very likely #3 above is the solution for you. Add a folder with exception and unpack ZModeler files into this folder again to avoid antivirus deleting ZModeler files again.
guzman213

Re: Zmodeler File Lost

Post by guzman213 »

oh ok thanks