Platform ID Problems

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

Bill7865

Platform ID Problems

Post by Bill7865 »

So I was having problem validating my license on zmodeler3. This issue came up after not using the program for a few days, whenever I would log in, it would tell me my platform ID was wrong, when it was not.

I tried then logging in on the program which worked to validate my license but would put me in a loop of it forcing me to validate it every time (and tell me to [restart zmod], and would never let me actually use the software.

I then decided to try and delete the platform, not properly reading the disclaimer and deleting that platform ID. Then I realised I blacklisted the ID and no can no longer use zmodeler on my computer.

Is there any way I can reverse / fix this?
mikey2197

Re: Platform ID Problems

Post by mikey2197 »

My patform id is 9RYKP-KM platform not found
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

mikey2197 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:46 pm My patform id is 9RYKP-KM platform not found
Specify your account name in ZModeler on "Account Setup" page and specify password 123456 there. Then assign this password onto your platform ID in web account on "My computers" page. Restart ZModeler as Administrator - it will download/validate license key automatically.
Bill7865

Post by Bill7865 »

Can anyone help me please?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

attach screenshots please.
Bill7865

Post by Bill7865 »

I'm not too sure what you want to see but I will show you the picture of my platform ID and that it is not able to be used.

Image Image
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

It can be used. you just need to activate license for your platform ID.
Also, in ZModeler specify your account name and platform password. Assign password onto your platform ID again in web account on "My computers" page. The rest looks OK to me.
MagiccDoria2

Re: Platform ID Problems | I cannot get to license information tab to get my platform ID. I already paid for license

Post by MagiccDoria2 »

I paid for the 2 yr license and already created the account but cannot find my platform ID by going to license information tab. Any idea how I can get to the tab?
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Platform ID Problems | I cannot get to license information tab to get my platform ID. I already paid for license

Post by Oleg »

MagiccDoria2 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:34 am I paid for the 2 yr license and already created the account but cannot find my platform ID by going to license information tab. Any idea how I can get to the tab?
Your platform ID has a license activated in web account. Also, your platform ID has logged in to license server today. In most of cases this is enough for ZModeler to download/validate license key. Is your issue resolved already?
Bill7865

Post by Bill7865 »

The thing is I think I have accidentally blacklisted the platform ID, so I cannot use it, or load my 90 day license I bought onto it. I will try again thought.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

when you black-list platform ID, you can add it again (it restores from black list) and use it normally. There are no constrains here. Platform removal will delete trial license and it will never get restored. However, if you had license key installed in ZModeler and removed platform ID, it is strongly advised to add platform ID and activate license for it again BEFORE running ZModeler again. Running ZModeler with license key from "black listed" platform ID can ban your entire license. License server will not ban within 24 hours but if it sees this happening (running ZModeler with license key on black-listed platform ID) for more than 24 hours, license ban is a likely result.

For this reason, I never advise to use platform removal unless you actually have changed computer (platform ID change after upgrade or in case you've got new computer). Platform removal never solves any license-related issue, and likely can bring more problems than one expects.

So, in short:
- If you have removed platform ID, you can add it again. If it appears on your web account, it should be operating fine.
- If your entire license has not moved to "Blocked/Expired" list, then you can activate it again. You will get a different license key, so a new license key should be installed in ZModeler.
- Platform ID removal/addition deletes trial license (can't be restored).
Bill7865

Post by Bill7865 »

aaaah. I see now, thank you very much :) .
Cjmock

Post by Cjmock »

i just purchase a new license for a zmodeler and its not allowing me validate it and it say 2111 days left on my license but i can do anything in my zmod.........any help resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Download ZModeler 3.3.0 1231. License server will not provide validation as the specified days count on license is incorrect.