problem material shadow

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

yandry

problem material shadow

Post by yandry »

you can import and export any chassis from the new w900 1.47 and now the names of the shadow materials appear like this which makes the game close them

effect : "eut2.shadowonly.rfx" {
shadowmap_bias : 0.000000
}
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: problem material shadow

Post by Oleg »

i see nothing wrong with this material. What exactly is wrong? Is something missing?
yandry

Post by yandry »

<ERROR> unknown token : 's' at line 2
00:00:51.879 : <ERROR> [material] 'syntax error' at line 2 in file '/automat/01/011c1ae8d506336f.mat'.
00:00:51.879 : <ERROR> [material] Error parsing material file '/automat/01/011c1ae8d506336f.mat'.

THIS APPEARS obviously without moving anything, just import and export and the game closes it
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

for me it looks absolutely like an original material:

Code: Select all

}
may you check the W900 chassis pmd file for original .mat file (the shadowonly) and compare with the one ZModeler creates? May be put content from original .mat into ZModeler-generated and test in game too?
Harald-RS
Beginner

Post by Harald-RS »

@Oleg

This needs to be out of the new material files.

scale 2000,100

These are the things I have found before after updating our S-Way "PayMod" for 1.47.

I think there will be some other things to come.
Greetings
Harald
My System: PC Windows 11
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

May be... but the mentioned material was generated by importing and exporting a model with no changes. ZModeler does not have any source data for "shadowmap_bias" parameter, it is read from user-defined options, so the only way for this parameter to appear in exported .mat file is that it was in original .mat file on import. This is what looks strange to me.
Harald-RS
Beginner

Post by Harald-RS »

The problem is that ETS2 1.47 is a hybird system.

Which can the old format and the new.

Only if one exports now in the Z-Mod to the new one must delete these old values themselves which is to be found in the ZMod under user definition.
Greetings
Harald
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

yes this is possible the parameter came from an old-style material into user-defined options, but as I have specified above, I can see "eut2.shadowonly.rfx" materials in 1.47 base and they all come with "shadowmap_bias : 0.000000" parameter in it. So I find it very confusing the game to report <ERROR> [material] 'syntax error' to this entry.
Harald-RS
Beginner

Post by Harald-RS »

The whole thing is connected with this type.

Effect: New system where it causes errors / crash.

Material: Old system there with there are no problems.
Greetings
Harald
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

yes, but the very first post is the one that confuses me:
yandry wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:01 am you can import and export any chassis from the new w900 1.47 and now...
I assume the author imported w900 from version 1.47 and exported 1.47. But if this is the case, then why game is crashing on "correct" material file. Even if the original game version was 1.46 and the exported version is 1.47, then the material file quoted above looks absolutely correct to me (since there are exactly the same material files in my 1.47 beta unpacked base. Given that, I find it strange for the game to give "syntax error".

I'll check the game for updates, may be my 1.47 beta is not the latest...
Harald-RS
Beginner

Post by Harald-RS »

It probably won't be, because I think SCS itself still has to update the trucks with the new system. They can not renew everything at the same time. And if the one the truck also still as old version 1.46 unpacked on the PC has it can come to the error.

Since then the old parameters are inside and not those from 1.47. And if he has continued to work on an existing project and had not removed the there it comes to such errors.
Greetings
Harald
c.kiesman89

Post by c.kiesman89 »

Foolish question, however, I've ran into a problem of there not being a space in the margin when it comes to interior definition files. Somethimes the game wants one, and sometimes it doesn't matter. Is it exporting it like this:
}

or like this:
}

I assume the first one is how it exported it, and the second one is pulled directly from an automat. Try to add a space if there isn't one there so it matches exactly to the second one.
Harald-RS
Beginner

Post by Harald-RS »

You have to delete the entry in the material browser, the new system can't do anything with it.
Greetings
Harald
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Was there any new updates? I have 1.47 base unpacked and every "shadowonly" material in an automat folder has "shdowmap_bias : 0.0000" row in it.
c.kiesman89

Post by c.kiesman89 »

I just ran into this issue exporting a trailer. Same syntax error. Deleting the shadowmap_bias : 0.0000 line out of the mat fixed it. The trailer in question was last imported/exported before 1.47. So I'd say that the old version used that line, and now it isn't needed. Zmodeler still exports it with that line though.
Harald-RS
Beginner

Post by Harald-RS »

It's logical,
because it is in the material browser
under User Definition.

As long as you don't delete it there, it will always be exported.
Greetings
Harald
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Harald-RS wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:09 pm ...it is in the material browser under "User Defined Properties".

As long as you don't delete it there, it will always be exported.
Exactly. There is no export condition for "shadowmap_bias" parameter to appear in any exported material file: it is solely driven by user-defined property (available or not).