Mesh issue

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Gabrielbarbosa

Mesh issue

Post by Gabrielbarbosa »

Hello guys, I have a problem with my 3D mesh, it has this dark color in some parts, how do I fix it?
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Mesh issue

Post by Oleg »

In most of cases, Surface\Normals\Calculate tool should gives a good result. However, if surface topology is inaccurate there (e.g. vertices from different surfaces are welded together), normals calculation could give bad result.

Also, when you deal with a piece of geometry 10-20K of vertices (for example, you can select certain area of the model to have just 20K vertices selected), the following steps allows to re-do topology with respect to surface smoothness:

1. use modify\Break tool on selected vertices
2. use Surface\Normals\Calculate on selection (you will see a sort of "flat shaded" mode after dothing these two steps)
3. use Modify\Submesh\Weld tool with "Multiple targets" option toggled on selected vertices. A popup window options should be distance:0, uv distance:0, normals angle: 30...60.

You can do this on entire object if your triagles count does not exceed 20k, as "break" tool creates 3 vertices for every triangle (and you can't exceed 64K vertices in one object).