[HELP] Can not obtain Shader material from "Default Material". file:rageexportmaterial.cpp line:130 error when exporting

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Oklahoma

[HELP] Can not obtain Shader material from "Default Material". file:rageexportmaterial.cpp line:130 error when exporting

Post by Oklahoma »

I am new to zmodeler and learning how to put lightbars onto vehicles and things like that. I have had no issues until recently when this error showed up everytime I wanted to export Can not obtain Shader material from "Default Material". file:rageexportmaterial.cpp line:130. everytime I export the vehicle it becomes 0kb and is unusable. I have reinstalled zmodeler like 10 times and the issue still persists.
Oklahoma

Re: [HELP] Can not obtain Shader material from "Default Material". file:rageexportmaterial.cpp line:130 error when expor

Post by Oklahoma »

also i have exported this same vehicle previously multiple times and never had this error
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: [HELP] Can not obtain Shader material from "Default Material". file:rageexportmaterial.cpp line:130 error when expor

Post by Oleg »

The scene you export has a geometry object that uses "Default material" assigned on some polygons. All polygons should be assigned GTA-ready materials and should not use "Default material".

When you have Materials Browser opened, selecting an object in scene will update "Scene selection" branch in materials browser. There you can see a list of materials used in scene's selected object. Given that, you can find the problematic object by selecting them one by one. Once you find problematic object(s) [that use Default material] you can refine material assignment. The easiest way is to drag&drop any other material in materials browser onto "Scene Selection -> Default Material" entry to replace usage of Default Material with another material.

When an export gives an error, the export is interrupted and nothing is saved in a file. The 0Kb file in such a case is a result. Until you get rid of errors on export, you will not get a file exported.
Oklahoma

Post by Oklahoma »

Great thanks! I fixed it, would you by any chance know how to fix an issue where the lightbar lights are hella tiny for no reason? Image. Both lightbars were installed the exact same.