[HELP] vehicle_track2_emissive

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
andreas132z

[HELP] vehicle_track2_emissive

Post by andreas132z »

Hello, when i export my object i got this error `shader "vehicle_track2_emissive" requires alpha` and in game only 1 side works, any ideea how to fix that?
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: [HELP] vehicle_track2_emissive

Post by Oleg »

alpha settings warns you that in-game shader will use texture's alpha for transparency. your material may not have used alpha for transparency on export, so the warning was shown.

track materials work on one side only, since uv animation for track and track2 shaders require some settings in metadata file that I have no idea of.
This shader will work on both sides if you put your model over an original model that used animated shader natively, so this is not an issue with an exported .yft file. Consider using your model as a replacement of original game's model that had track/track2 shader on it natively.

There was a video on how to make vehicle_track shader to work on both sides (for timing belt on an engine). The idea was to move entire object to the left side and flip axes (mirror). The game will mirror axes again and mirrored geometry will get moved to it's original position and will still animate properly. I doubt this trick can be done on objects like "chassis" or "bodyshell" if these are the objects you use emissive track shader on, but this is the only solution so far.
andreas132z

Post by andreas132z »

can i get the video link pls?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

andreas132z

Post by andreas132z »

Oleg wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 11:07 pm viewtopic.php?p=65546#p65546
how can we make it tunning part? if i make it tunning parts its broken, its working if its in the car if i make it tunning its broken like its roateting to back and on other position
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you have been given the only walkaround known so far. I don't have any other advise on what can be done to solve the issue. it might be a case you can do this trick on a bone upper in a hierarchy of the base model, so the tuning part has geometry is still on "one side" and being placed onto a model gets mirrored and moved to original place. mess around with the logic shown in a video, I think it might work.