1.47 Broken materials

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

Mmeister

1.47 Broken materials

Post by Mmeister »

Hey Oleg, the devs did this...

Any easy fix? Or every single model will have to be re-exported with new mat settings?
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: 1.47 Broken materials

Post by Oleg »

this error means "file not found".
Mmeister

Post by Mmeister »

Fair enough I simply deleted automat folder in a attempt to test and see, but with automat folder this is the result in the image below. This is exact mod that worked fine in 1.46 so why now in 1.47 such error?

Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you should check whether mentioned files are actually there or not. An error related to bad material file is different. the error you see is "file not found".
Mmeister

Post by Mmeister »

Alright I'll check that. Hope simple copy-paste will do the trick if these mats are indeed missing somehow.
Is it possible that the devs have moved or altered the folder structure in some way so that the mod does not find it anymore?

Since these mods are based of off SCS models I did not change the material names, but kept them named as imported. Perhaps that should be avoided? I know Steam Uploader would not let me upload mod due to materials not renamed to unique name.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

barely possible folder structure is related in any way. SCS have changed the structure of .mat files, but the game still handles old and new type of materials well, so this should not be a problem.
It might be the case, the mod resided on original game's material files (from original model) and the mod did not include them in a .scs package (considering original materials are in the game). However, new version 1.47 has different materials data in .mat files and this caused the same materials to get different hash-name. So, game's model now uses different material files located in different sub-folders of "automat" folder, while your addon mod expects old materials to be available.

I guess this is what has happened.

I strongly advise to include in a mod all the materials the mod requires. Even if some of them are original (in automat folder), it might be better to include them. You do not need to include common/shared materials from "materials/environment" folder or may be materials from "vehicle/truck/share" folder as these are likely to retain unchanged in game.
Mmeister

Post by Mmeister »

Thank Oleg, its exactly what you said it will be. Replacing the 1.47 mats with 1.46 works. Thanks.