Dark Interior

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

kartal2339

Dark Interior

Post by kartal2339 »

Hi... İ have a custom truck but its interior is very dark than a scs one... I tried to change shadow color but it didnt effect... What can i do for this problem?
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Dark Interior

Post by Oleg »

changing brightness of per-vertex color can helper here I guess. Set paint tool options to Brightness: 50, Sharpness: 100, then switch all interior objects to vertices level, side or front view, and "paint" them with big brush with single pass (click and drag&drag&drag&drag).

This "+50% brightness" can not be applied via "Fill selected" to all vertices at one click, so explicit click&drag for painting is a must.
kartal2339

Post by kartal2339 »

Oleg wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:16 am changing brightness of per-vertex color can helper here I guess. Set paint tool options to Brightness: 50, Sharpness: 100, then switch all interior objects to vertices level, side or front view, and "paint" them with big brush with single pass (click and drag&drag&drag&drag).

This "+50% brightness" can not be applied via "Fill selected" to all vertices at one click, so explicit click&drag for painting is a must.
hi..can you show me that menu in zmodeler ?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

it's an options window of Surface\Paint\Color tool. You can expand one by pressing small button in top-right corner of "Color" tool.
kartal2339

Post by kartal2339 »

Oleg wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:26 am it's an options window of Surface\Paint\Color tool. You can expand one by pressing small button in top-right corner of "Color" tool.
Yes but how can i paint texture? İs it enough to click on object?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

The idea was not to paint texture, but to paint per-vertex colors instead, since the final brightness of geometry in game is the multiplication of vertex color and texture color. by making vertices color brighter/darker you can adjust brightness of interior in game without affecting the texture itself.

Actually, material's diffuse color is also used in this formula and could be the point of adjustment too.