Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Beunhaas

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by Beunhaas »

I was, I can also spawn ay other car, except my own, wich worked fine before.

got another bugg too now; in Zmod, the chassis is fine, but in openIV the chassis mesh is linked to the left front door...

What to do about this? and could this be the reason?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

looks like part IDs are messed. Put gta_parts.xml into Install folder. You can find one attached to the sticky guide thread.

if you get any message related to "unknown part name" on export, you should import original game models first that contain these part names in; then restart ZModeler and it will be able to export correct part IDs.

Note: when you face this bad part IDs problem and use the fix mentioned above, you are not allowed to import any non-original models anymore, as these might contain bad IDs and could corrupt IDs database in ZModeler. Meaning, you should use .z3d files to open and export. If you still need to dig in some .ydd file that contains bad IDs, you can do this as follows:
1. import any .ydd you like, even a problematic one;
2. save as .z3d;
3. put gta_parts.xml into install folder;
4. start zmodeler and open you .z3d file;
4* import some other files that you found need to be imported to get IDs database populated with proper/missing part names.
5. edit/export as needed;

Also, as the first go, re-import your model back into ZModeler and ensure all collision objects are attached to correct parts. quite likely some of them could appear in unexpected hierarchy location.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

Oleg wrote:were you able to spawn original ambulance? I personally have identical problem spawning about 70% of original vehicles via trainer.
use latest scripthook and one of this trainers (or both) https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/menyoo-pc-sp https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/simpl ... r-for-gtav and you will be able to spawn everything.

btw. the bug in uv editor is still present, when i rescale an object and after this i select "move" or "rotate" tool, and sometimes the object rescales back to previous size
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

can you remind me a post where this bug is described?
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

here
Gta5KoRn wrote:another bug found: the object in the Uv mapper jumps to the previous position, after selecting the "rotate" tool: https://youtu.be/WYvlAnunNxM
Beunhaas

Post by Beunhaas »

still no luck when using the gta_parts.xml in the pinned section...
chassis is still linked to the left front door somehow
Yoha

Post by Yoha »

Bug report

Hi Oleg,

I have a problem when I export vehicle from ZM3.
Short description:
I use latest version of ZM3 (3.2.0 1179) to export it, spawn it in game, game will crash.
I use old version of ZM3 (3.1.2) to export it, spawn it in game, game will ok.

This is the car, it is not my work. It is one of my friend's work.
He got this problem, and asked me for help.
So I helped him to check it, and got the same problem as he got.
QQ截图20180313234515.jpg

More details:
I use ZM3.2.0 1179 to convert it, and add some new materials from new DLC car.
Then I export it after everything been done.
Put it in game, spawn it, game will crash.

Then I try to use old ZM3 (3.1.2) to import yft, then export it.
Put it in game, spawn it, game is ok. I can drive it.

Now, because of the old ZM3 doesn't support new materials, so I have to change them to some materials which ZM3.1.2 has.
This is not so good, because I need those new materials, and new dash setting from X80. which only ZM3.2.0 can import it.

One thing I can forsure is this is not a material problem. I use same materials and dash for another vehicle.
ZM3.2.0 1179 can export it, and in game, it can also been spawned.

Then I think it maybe because of the model.
But model... I exported it by ZM3.1.2, it is ok in game.

Hmm, now, I confused.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Have you checked "Base" values on these models after export from 3.2.0 and from 3.1.2 ? also, it worth to be mentioned, Base values on model_hi and on model.yft could be different, you have to respect them both.

if still no luck ,send me a ZIP with a version exported by 3.1.2 and 3.2.0, i'll check the log for the possible difference on them.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Gta5KoRn wrote:here
Gta5KoRn wrote:another bug found: the object in the Uv mapper jumps to the previous position, after selecting the "rotate" tool: https://youtu.be/WYvlAnunNxM
can not reproduce it. do you have a z3d file saved in a situation where I could reproduce it after loading a file?
Yoha

Post by Yoha »

Oleg wrote:Have you checked "Base" values on these models after export from 3.2.0 and from 3.1.2 ? also, it worth to be mentioned, Base values on model_hi and on model.yft could be different, you have to respect them both.

if still no luck ,send me a ZIP with a version exported by 3.1.2 and 3.2.0, i'll check the log for the possible difference on them.
Thanks for reply, Oleg.
I will check it.
Beunhaas

Post by Beunhaas »

looks like part IDs are messed. Put gta_parts.xml into Install folder. You can find one attached to the sticky guide thread.

if you get any message related to "unknown part name" on export, you should import original game models first that contain these part names in; then restart ZModeler and it will be able to export correct part IDs.

Note: when you face this bad part IDs problem and use the fix mentioned above, you are not allowed to import any non-original models anymore, as these might contain bad IDs and could corrupt IDs database in ZModeler. Meaning, you should use .z3d files to open and export. If you still need to dig in some .ydd file that contains bad IDs, you can do this as follows:
1. import any .ydd you like, even a problematic one;
2. save as .z3d;
3. put gta_parts.xml into install folder;
4. start zmodeler and open you .z3d file;
4* import some other files that you found need to be imported to get IDs database populated with proper/missing part names.
5. edit/export as needed;

Also, as the first go, re-import your model back into ZModeler and ensure all collision objects are attached to correct parts. quite likely some of them could appear in unexpected hierarchy location.
still no luck when using the gta_parts.xml in the pinned section...
chassis is still linked to the left front door somehow
what can i try to fix it? or could you maybe look at it?
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

Oleg wrote:
Gta5KoRn wrote:here
can not reproduce it. do you have a z3d file saved in a situation where I could reproduce it after loading a file?
sorry i dont have. it appears absolutely randomly. I guess you can try it on any model in UV editor to find out. The bug happens pretty often. Maybe try the steps like on the video.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

just found out this rescale bug appears not only in UV editor. If you rescale an object in another view windows and use the move or rotate tool after this, it rescales back too.
Beunhaas

Post by Beunhaas »

okay, my ID bugg is gone, but now it still won't spawn ingame...
would this be the base value?
or do you know another solution?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

wrong base value causes game or trainer to crash.
Beunhaas

Post by Beunhaas »

well, both still work after trying to spawn, it even says: ..... is spawned
andf i can try it for like a thousand times, and nothing crashes...
locotomb

Post by locotomb »

Gta5KoRn wrote:
Oleg wrote:were you able to spawn original ambulance? I personally have identical problem spawning about 70% of original vehicles via trainer.
use latest scripthook and one of this trainers (or both) https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/menyoo-pc-sp https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/simpl ... r-for-gtav and you will be able to spawn everything.

btw. the bug in uv editor is still present, when i rescale an object and after this i select "move" or "rotate" tool, and sometimes the object rescales back to previous size
@ Beunhaas Have you tried updating all your mods or even using a different trainer? It could also be, your collisions are located in the wrong place..> I've had that issue before.
Locotomb
Beunhaas

Post by Beunhaas »

locotomb wrote:
Gta5KoRn wrote:

@ Beunhaas Have you tried updating all your mods or even using a different trainer? It could also be, your collisions are located in the wrong place..> I've had that issue before.
I actually did, multiple times. it worked one time, then i re-exported the model with a paint 3 material and it wouldn't work anymore, and reinstalled all the mods, but still no luck
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

Hi Oleg, please add a new shader from "tezeract" from todays gta update
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

it usually takes some time for a patch to be uploaded somewhere before I could download it. In-game patch downloader has never being able to download me updates in past few years.

Edit: Doh! it has installed at first attempt :)
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

what model file contains this shader?
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

tezeract
\GTA 5\update\x64\dlcpacks\mpassault\dlc.rpf\x64\levels\gta5\vehicles\mpassault.rpf\
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

fixed. get an update.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

thanks, found another shader with "no configuration": as_prop_as_tube_gap_02.ydr
from: GTA 5\update\x64\dlcpacks\mpassault\dlc.rpf\x64\levels\gta5\props\prop_as_targets.rpf\
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, can u please add shader configuration for "decal_shadow_only". The file that contain this shader is bt1_04_slod1_children.ydd, which can be found in x64l.rpf\levels\gta5\_citye\sunset\sunset.rpf\
Textures file assigned to this ydd is bt1_04_lod.ytd in x64l.rpf\levels\gta5\_citye\sunset\bt1_04.rpf\