Reversed nodes.

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderators: Oleg, _RicH_

Reversed nodes.

Postby camarors51 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:16 pm

My hard drive with my operating system and some programs, including ZModeler 3, had to be erased and Windows reinstalled the other day due to an issue with Windows upon shutdown (luckily all of my modding files were on another hard drive). After reinstalling ZModeler 3, I opened up the latest project truck that I've been working on, made a couple small changes and saved/exported it. When I went into the game, all of the accessories, ext_interior and wheels were rotated 180* on the Y axes (all were facing backward). I had to open the truck model back up and rotate all of the accessory nodes 180* to straighten everything out. Now the blue Z axes line on the nodes is facing rearward instead of frontward. Is there a setting in ZModeler that I can change to get it back like it was before?
camarors51

Re: Reversed nodes.

Postby Oleg » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:48 pm

hello.

no, import/export of rotations have been fixed to match original game setup, it will remain the way it is set now. you should rotate 180Y dummies/locators in your saved scenes to export properly.

a good point, you can put accessories onto associated locators (by holding CTRL key while drag&dropping) and see them placed on a model in ZModeler, so you can adjust locations as needed.

The fix affects all objects rotations involved in import/export, dummy nodes (flares), accessory placement locators, collision primitives, prefab locators.
Oleg
Site Admin

Return to ATS and ETS2 by SCS Software