Collisions Adv Coupling 4 change on re-import

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderators: Oleg, _RicH_

Collisions Adv Coupling 4 change on re-import

Postby MeyohMey » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:05 pm

Hi,

it's more an annoyance than an irrecoverable problem, but on both SCS ATS Pete579/Ken680 (can't tell for the other trucks since I don't work on them), the shape of the "Advanced Coupling 4" collision deteriorates with each subsequent edit, meaning, exporting it and re-importing it later for further editing. This collision is being distorted in all 3 dimensions, starting with a tilt, (take usually about 3-4 exports/reimports) until it's blown totally out of proportion (bigger than chassis, but going deep underground).

In earlier releases of ATS this led "only" to not being able to have the driver sleep and/or red light traffic fines being administered though the truck was still meters away from the stop line.
In newer releases, it also causes the truck to slide/drift around corners and generally losing grip on the rear axle(s), making its driving behavior erratic.

For now, I've saved an isolated copy of the collisions to a new file from which I have to replace them ever so often.

As I said, it's nothing one can't fix, but it's annyoing. Maybe you could check for one of the next updates.

Thanks
Torsten
MeyohMey

Re: Collisions Adv Coupling 4 change on re-import

Postby Oleg » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:27 pm

have you tried a 3.2.0 beta? there are some changes related to objects placement, it might be related to objects scaling too. Also, post a screenshot and specify a problematic object, so I could check it too.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby MeyohMey » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:16 am

First, a correction: All "advanced coupling" collisions 4 and 6 are affected, but only them. NO others, not even Adv Cpl #5.

I'm using Zmod 3.1.5 build 1167 (says it's up to date)

1) Okay, I'm starting with a stock SCS ATS Pete 579 (truck.pmd). Base model is from ATS 1.28 release to avoid possible faults in 1.29beta. I leave the collisions invisible (unchecked) and work a little on cab vertices. Before I export back to pmd, I check the collisions:

That's how it should be. "Long chassis" collisions are those with the arrow (just selected for demonstration). I leave them alone, make them invisible again, export truck.pmd

2) I want to rework more, import the very same truck.pmd again. OOPS what's that? (Just for clarification, both the short and long chassis are visible overlayed, I didn't change chassis parts!)
The #4 and #6 Advanced collision blocks have tilted, and also have lost their quadratic footprint.

I just export truck.pmd again, not changing anything.

3) I import the very same truck.pmd yet again. ARGH! I've created a monster.

You can see the chassis in the middle, with the enormous Adv4 and Adv6 collision boxes. Pictures is zoomed out in comparison to the others. At this stage, the truck is essentially unusable.

If you think that 3.2.0 beta would make a difference, I'll be happy to try it... where would I find the switch to use betas again?

Thanks
Torsten
MeyohMey

Postby Oleg » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:17 am

http://www.zmodeler3.com/files/zmodeler3_x64.zip

it is quite likely older versions will be unable to open .z3d files created by 3.2.0, keep this in mind if you wish to revert to older versions for some reason. make your saves in a different folder or under a different names.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby MeyohMey » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:59 am

By now I'm using 64-bit 3.2.0 build 1181.

I've im-/exported the files many times over, and still, collisions Adv_cpling_4 and _6 get borked again and again, so I had to export them from a "virgin" model, and now have to merge them every two or three edits. Errors still look like I sketched them.

Is there no solution for it??? I don't think this is an acceptable program behavior.

Tom
MeyohMey

Postby Oleg » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:38 am

fixed. get an update.
Oleg
Site Admin

Return to ATS and ETS2 by SCS Software