Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by Gta5KoRn »

i get a bug since 3.1.5:
"Collision object "chassis [COL]" has no associated bone or geometry. It was ignored as it can't be used on its own."
i have a file that fixes that bug: gta_parts.xml, but then i have to import many cars again to get parts like spoiler, scoop etc working again...
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

another bug: when i attach an object to another and cancel this i get appcrash.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

send me a .z3d file that causes "chassis [COL]" problem on export.

also, if you have a .z3d file that I can reproduce attach->undo->crash, send me this .z3d file and specify objects I need to attach to reproduce the problem.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

PM'd
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

is there a way to find polygons on a object, that were selected in the UV editor? i want for example to find screws on a detailed engine and they all are mapped in the same place in editor. Any way to select polygons on a object through the UV editor?
MrGTAmodsgerman

Post by MrGTAmodsgerman »

Edited collision objects can't be get exported with rain prevent data. Rain comes inside the vehicle if the player is not sitting in the vehicle (Means, stand outside watch inside). If you take a look at vanilla vehicles, like the Mule truck, you will see once the back doors are open, no rain comes inside the vehicle if we stand in the back. But in ZM we can't use those vanilla collisions to make it to work, because, once its ungrouped, it get lost. Or get inside the cargo plane in the back on rainy weather, rain still not comes inside. The only temporary way to fix this on our own models is, making a glass shader mesh covering the model. Or there is a more difficult way to fix it, is making the collision model in ZM2 for a GTAIV vehicle and converting the vehicle with the collision fully, and open that ZM2 Project later on ZM3 to convert it back to GTA V. This also fix this.
But thats bad. Please fix it. I already reported that to you long time ago.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

can you show me a set of screenshots explaining this issue and specify the model/filename of the vehicle that I should check? Also, does this problem relates to 3.1.5 version and the recent update of gta filter is it has significant changes in collision's properties handling. For example, most of properties are set on compound objects itself rather than on an object stored inside (no need to dismiss to access these properties). at the same time some of per-element specific properties are still held on individual objects when talking about groups being converted to compound. Additionally, recent updates in ZModeler allows you to access group elements inside compounds (when you pick a compound in hierarchy, it has an "Open group" and "Close group" buttons accessible, so you can open a group and reach individual objects inside a group without dismissing a compound.
MrGTAmodsgerman

Oleg wrote:can you show me a set of screenshots explaining this issue and specify the model/filename of the vehicle that I should check? Also, does this problem relates to 3.1.5 version and the recent update of gta filter is it has significant changes in collision's properties handling. For example, most of properties are set on compound objects itself rather than on an object stored inside (no need to dismiss to access these properties). at the same time some of per-element specific properties are still held on individual objects when talking about groups being converted to compound. Additionally, recent updates in ZModeler allows you to access group elements inside compounds (when you pick a compound in hierarchy, it has an "Open group" and "Close group" buttons accessible, so you can open a group and reach individual objects inside a group without dismissing a compound.

You can check every collision model you want. All vanilla vehicles contain this rain prevent data. It doesn't matter if its a vehicle with a walkable interior or not. Its by default. Its like in GTA IV. ZM2 haven't got this problem with the collision. Like i said before, converting a GTAIV vehicle over ZM2 to ZM3 gives this rain prevent data. Any GTAIVToV convert don't have this collision issue. And i talked about the newest ZM version, 3.1.5, thats why i mention this. I reexport my vehicle with the newest ZM version because i saw a lot of GIMS EVO collision stuff. But the problem is still there. I saw some new collision properties and i still export my model with these new ones, but still no sucess.

http://imgur.com/a/3IH8j

As you can see here, the mule truck mule_hi.yft
And when i get inside
No rain inside. I can't do it with ZM3.
You can also check the cargoplane_hi.yft, it doesn't matter, all GTA V vehicles have this.
I am standing still inside, or under the back of the plane, and the rain doesn't hit me.
Now, to make clear what i mean
Here my custom vehicle model, rain comes inside. The only way to temporary fix this without ZM2, is by making a glass shader mesh covering the whole interior. Makes no sense. The other way is, converting the collision with ZM2 into a GTA IV WFT, and importing this file then in ZM2 and opening the project of ZM2 with ZM3. The same way like your old tutorial.
And now take a look at my old GTAIV boat convert to GTA 5, https://youtu.be/-kYCgCtfnUo?t=1m20s It doesn't have this issue, because it comes from GTA IV convert with ZM2. I haven't used anything different then my other custom model. Its still the collision, but something is missing here clearly. The mod does replaces a speeder GTA V boat, which you can hear, it doesn't have any interior we can walk inside. Its nothing external, keep it in mind. My old GTA IV boat is unlocked, you can check what is different if you want.

Oleg wrote: at the same time some of per-element specific properties are still held on individual objects when talking about groups being converted to compound. Additionally, recent updates in ZModeler allows you to access group elements inside compounds (when you pick a compound in hierarchy, it has an "Open group" and "Close group" buttons accessible, so you can open a group and reach individual objects inside a group without dismissing a compound.
Yea but that don't allow us in any way to use custom collision objects. Something is really missing here. Also vanilla vehicle collisions that are not grouped does contain this unkown data.

Btw: Vanilla boats in GTA V, got some water drops effects if you jump from the water in the air. The water drops from the bottom of the boat like its wet. This is also a thing i haven't seen on my GTA IV boat convert, which speaks for a huge missing collision properties data over ZM3.

Please fix it.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

an original mule truck model has a rain drops inside when raining.. have I missed something?
when camera is moved into the truck, there is significantly less raindrops compared to free camera from outside view, but rare raindrops are still there. same goes with import/exported version, absolutely identical visible effect.

note, the updated plugin assumes you import/export model for test, as your .z3d file might have an incorrect setup on collision models already. Also, by inspecting data log on mule.yft and mule_hi.yft I see nothing specific to collision's and possible rain effect-blocking, everything looks like on any other vehicle.
MrGTAmodsgerman

Oleg wrote:an original mule truck model has a rain drops inside when raining.. have I missed something?
when camera is moved into the truck, there is significantly less raindrops compared to free camera from outside view, but rare raindrops are still there. same goes with import/exported version, absolutely identical visible effect.

note, the updated plugin assumes you import/export model for test, as your .z3d file might have an incorrect setup on collision models already. Also, by inspecting data log on mule.yft and mule_hi.yft I see nothing specific to collision's and possible rain effect-blocking, everything looks like on any other vehicle.
The mule truck doesn't prevent it at the best way because the collision, but you won't get wet inside the mule truck. The rain drops only appears on the walls a little bit inside the mule truck. Did you cheched the cargo plane? Take a look at the cargo plane and create a completly new custom collision model with ZM. Then you will see what happends, rain inside. And did you checked my GTA IV boat? it have something different in the collision.
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

Hey, @Oleg
I have a problem with one of freeway signs, the model is id1_rd_sign1_txt.ydr, that's located in x64j.rpf\levels\gta5\_citye\indust_01\id1_rd.rpf\id1_rd_sign1_txt.ydr
If i reexport the model without any changes, it's crashes my game. but i never have problems with freeway signs, i already modified 93 ydr files of freeway signs without any problems.
Btw, i noticed that this one have different vertex paint than other freeway signs models (almost yellow, when other were purple).
Can you take a look at it?
UPD. This ydr contain 1 embdedded texture with maximum quitaly, i think that's an issue. because when i use this texture as NON embedded it's work ingame
UPD2. So, i changed A8R8G8B8 to DX1, and it's working now! So, you should fix this, to make possible to export embedded textures with A8R8G8B8 compression.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

fixed, get an update.

note, game natively uses ABGR which is changed to ARGB on import. if you deal with colored textures, you might need to swap blue and red channel on them before embedding, as exporter does not change ARGB back to ABGR on export. Tested the model you've specified by attaching it to some .yft file and storing an embedded texture, seems to work fine.
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, nice, thank you :)
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

Bug:
1) when i delete all these lines in this window http://imgur.com/a/dow9W separately, the last line cant be selected, so i cant delete it. I have to click OK and apply and go to this settings again to delete it.
2) when i select all these lines at one time and delete them, click apply and go again in this options, 1 or 2 lines are still there.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

both issues should be resolved now, get an update.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

thanks!
another question: one part of an object with veh_track2 shader is not moving: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCWqjQRIgVI
how can i fix it?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

vehicle_track by default does not work properly on models where it was not used natively. I assume it requires some configuration outside of the model file. For example, if I put an vehicle_track animated mesh onto buffalo2, it will not animate on left side (driver side) of the model; if I put the same object onto another vehicle that has used vehicle_track natively, it will give correct animation. I've seen this problem before when I tested the vehicle_track shader in game. I guess something is related to vehicle's metadata.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

Bug? when i import original gr_grdlc_yacht_int_d2_bath2det.ydr and export it without any changes, its almost empty when i import the exported file. i mean it imports the dummy and textures, but .mesh isnt there

"Exported all lods. Hierarchy elements: 0. Collision elements: 0. Materials used: 17. Embedded textures: 0."
Momchilishte

Post by Momchilishte »

Exporting breaks this model's UVs. What it's supposed to look like:
http://i.imgur.com/XKtUkKk.png
What it ends up looking like after exporting and importing into Blender:
http://i.imgur.com/gXQ6RC6.png
amr0_0maverick

Post by amr0_0maverick »

When I import then export these bikes without any changes done to them I get ERR_SYS_INVALIDRESOURCE_5 crash\error.

Sanctus, Avarus, Nightblade, Zombiea, Zombieb.

I'm a beginner so please tell me if this is a bug or if I need to set something in settings, or is there a way I can fix this.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

amr0_0maverick wrote:When I import then export these bikes without any changes done to them I get ERR_SYS_INVALIDRESOURCE_5 crash\error.

Sanctus, Avarus, Nightblade, Zombiea, Zombieb.

I'm a beginner so please tell me if this is a bug or if I need to set something in settings, or is there a way I can fix this.
I get ERR_MEM_EMBEDDEDALLOC_GUARD_1 on Avarus (other [original] bikes do not spawn to me at all). the problem seems to be related to the way collision is exported (done few tests and it looks like import/exported avarus_hi.yft + original avarus.yft does work in game with no crash, assuming wrong parts placement due to a mismatching hierarchy/bones), but it runs fine.. the import/exported avarus.yft + original avarus_hi.yft crashes the game immediately with player walling through the ground (collision model has probably fail to load and player falls through the ground).
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

new shaders were added with the new smuggler run update
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

what is just happend here? :/ https://youtu.be/I7pvl3JJXc8
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Gta5KoRn wrote:what is just happend here? :/ https://youtu.be/I7pvl3JJXc8
bug confirmed. will inspect it at weekend.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Fixed, get an update.