vehicle structure issue after adding parts

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

vehicle structure issue after adding parts

Postby reid3174 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:37 pm

I made a custom car. First I added the lights and tested in game, everything worked great. I added 3 antennas and retested, again everything is good. I added a center console and retested and this is what I got. The missing parts flash with the police lights. I removed the console and tested again, everything works with just lights installed. Thinking it was an issue with the console I removed it and tried to install a partition and again the same thing happened. Remove the partition and everything works. Any time I try to add anything more then lights the model does this, I have multiple cars doing it. It seems like the files becomes too big after adding the lights and anything I try to add after is too much for it.
Attachments
Screenshot - 7_27_2017 , 8_56_32 PM3.png
reid3174

Re: vehicle structure issue after adding parts

Postby tall70 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:59 pm

Wow, that is one awesome bug... transparent bumper, missing bodyshell. Does it have lods? Maybe it's a poly limit related on one of lod models. Try to remove something else, see if rest of the vehicle including last part will show ok. If not you might going to have some another mistake on that last part. Try to redo it and reexport it
tall70
Beginner

Postby Oleg » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:34 am

file is quite likely to hit limits. what is the .yft file size?

also, you can add new parts by giving them different names or duplicating existing name (e.g having several bodyshell objects is ok) - the model might work in one scenario and fail in another, try both.

Important: keep your .z3d file saved and perfectly as several backup files at different stages. Never use export -> reimport, modify -> export again (as this keeps errors and bugs accumulating in file/scene you mess with).
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby _Vlad_ » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:56 am

it's probably because you have wrong id on misc parts.
_Vlad_
Beginner

Return to Grand Theft Auto V