ZModeler 3.1.5 release notes

Forum for discussing title-page news and events around ZModeler

Moderator: Oleg

Oleg
Site Admin

ZModeler 3.1.5 release notes

Post by Oleg »

ZModeler3 core have been upgraded and required to line up version to 3.1.5. Those who download ZModeler for the first time will get pleased by an ability to activate and install trial license straight in ZModeler license window. Single button click and restart of application is enough. In rare cases when platform ID (not absolutely unique) is already in use, creating an account and requesting for ID to be added onto account with trial license still applies as a method. Image Creating and using account to manage licenses is still needed, as you can purchase and activate paid license in your account only, trial license activated inside ZModeler can be used for the quick glance at software with no additional steps needed: just download, run and activate.

Core changes were caused by compatibility options and settings being made obsolete. You don't need to change compatibility when working with ZModeler, default compatibility should be set allowing full set of default options to pick from. The key benefit you had with prior compatibility changes is a properly named options you can assign to scene elements in properties window. I kept this feature and extended it slightly. You can specify the desired options pack to be available in "Settings" box under default compatibility options.Image

The desired settings pack will be active and appear in Properties window when selection met the criteria. For example, some settings applies to polygons of "Collision" objects, other settings applies to non-collision objects. When selection meet the criteria, suitable options pack is shown in an options window with user-friendly selection boxes. No need to toggle unnamed flags or type ID values anymore.Image

Ex-compatibility options have been remastered for new options packs, if you were used to work in "SCS Software compatibility", you can toggle ETS2/ATS settings mode, if you mod GTA5, set GTAV settings mode. Options are available as XML files in "Config\Settings" folder, they are evaluating and should not be changed, but if you have an idea on what options to extend and integrate, feel free to make a post on forum.

Direct Download link.
Download ZModeler 3.1.5 (10.3Mb)

Requirements.
ZModeler3 requires additional Microsoft redistributive libraries to be installed prior running ZModeler3 on your system. Download vcredist_x86.exe package from Microsoft website. Note, since ZModeler is 32-bit application, you need a 32-bit x86 version of these libraries only.

Also, it's strongly recommended to install DirectX9c June 2010 Redistributive package: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=8109
B4RT

Re: ZModeler 3.1.5 release notes

Post by B4RT »

i UPDATED THE Version here and the new version make zmodeler ver very slow to works, try dowgrading here, Even with no 3d model loaded zmodeler this extremely slow
3D MODELING AND MODDING
B4RT

Post by B4RT »

And i updated my directx problem continues
3D MODELING AND MODDING
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

there were no changes that could make ZM to render slow. Have you checked zmodeler CPU usage in task manager? also, ensure your Rendering Device is configured to Hardware@... instead of Reference@....
B4RT

Post by B4RT »

Yes yes all settings are as before, I did not change anything, if I change the application to the older version everything works fine, if it updates everything gets extremely read
3D MODELING AND MODDING
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

what exactly is slow in ZModeler when no model is loaded? browsing menus, opening materials/textures window and/or resizing them? or only tasks related to viewports (scrolling/zooming/resizing) ?
B4RT

Post by B4RT »

just moving the cursor in 3d mode view or perspective, to make test i added a cube on and to move zoom in/out slow, resize too, anyway all modifications are slow
3D MODELING AND MODDING
Z@gor

Post by Z@gor »

Hi Oleg, although there are 79 days left until the expiration of my license, i get the "failed" error when I enter in to the program. Mentioned error screen is below.

http://oi67.tinypic.com/nyede8.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

your license key is not verified. you need to supply fresh validation key to refresh validation (by pressing "Validate" button in account on my licenses page; copying verification key; using "hold shift" method on license information page to put verification into ZModeler);

or configure online validation for your platform by assigning new password onto it on "My computes" page in account and specifying your account name and platform password in ZModeler on Account Setup window. Your platform has last logged in on 13th of April 2017.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

i noticed that working in UV editor is now slower as on previous versions. Editing an 50K poly UV is already slow. it freezes for few seconds when i switch from poly to object mode
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

send me an example .z3d file, I'll check it on new and on old version. There were some changes in mesh objects I've done and faced a performance penalty, so I rolled them back. There should be no difference in performance compared to older versions.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

Oleg wrote:send me an example .z3d file, I'll check it on new and on old version. There were some changes in mesh objects I've done and faced a performance penalty, so I rolled them back. There should be no difference in performance compared to older versions.
try that z3d file i already sent you. Select the poly of the 1st material: vehicle_generic_smallspecmap [PAINT:1] (about 43K polys) and edit UV#2 then try to move the whole object in the UV editor. it reacts very slow
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

hmmm send me a link again or speciy what the model was that? I've downloaded several models recently and can't remind which one you've send to me.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

pm'd
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

GTA5 collisions models have been revised slightly, big thanks to GIMS Evo for inspiration (these guys are way ahead in deep collision model understanding than me including their support of static collisions and YBN files). So most of options I've added are generally a GIMS point of view on the subject - these options could be correct or might be changing something different in game than declared. Options on the image relates to collision object properties and apply to YDR models only (and later to YBN static boundary), they have no effect on fragmentible YFT files.
The thing that applies to fragmentible files and any other collision are collision surface attributes. These could be set on YDR collision objects (entries of collision group), on collision objects of any kind and quite remarkable on polygons of collision meshes. Attributes are formerly known as "Flags" can specify in-game capabilities of particular objects of polygons by allowing or disallowing player to climb on these objects, being able to stand on some collisions, use it as cover or specify them as shot-through surfaces. Still can't claim on options names being accurate as they are taken from OpenFormats and GIMS Evo point of view onto surface options.
One shader definition from running-guns DLC was added to allow additional UV-animating materials be imported and exported properly. This time shader vehicle_track_ammo will toggle UV slide animation when gun is firing. The image shows a Dune 3 model imported that utilizes this shader on a mounted gun.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

any new news about the performance in the UV mapper?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@Gta5KoRn, get an update, should work better.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

thanks, its better now. but the weird thing is that program reacts faster when its insalled on SSD. i move the objects (69k polys) in UV editor with about 2 moves per 1 sec. When the program is on HDD it moves with 1 move per 10 seconds. The older Zm version (installed on HDD) still reacts faster with the same 69k poly object
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

there should be no difference on whether program is on HDD or on SDD. it does not load/unload any plugins, neither use any page file.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

just tested again and yea now on HDD it works same as on SSD. Lol, i dont understand. Yesterday it lagged much on HDD. Same (latest) program version, same project, same object.
FoxtrotDelta

Post by FoxtrotDelta »

@Oleg hi, i See loads of new stuff in Collisions and also i saw in update log this line "user defined options removed"

where do i learn about new stuff like collisions and some new parameters that i can see now when i import native gta 5 vehicles? and does this mean we might have cloth simulation and its collisions soon? Thanks.
Im no Expert i Learn New Stuff Everyday
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

cloth simulation is not under research currently, but its in my schedule for research. I remind I was messing with them for several weeks at first attempt and gave up, so I'm not very optimistic on this task.

concerning options being given some names instead of nameless "flag #1", "flag #2" and numerical IDs, it's generally a user-friendly names for the stuff that was available in a different fashion. Actual names (and their meaning whether it's correct or not) can be discussed here (or in new topic) and/or asked for some explanation at GIMS Evo topic at gtaforums.com. I've taken names from GIMS Evo screenshot and not sure where these options really does what they were named to be.
FoxtrotDelta

Post by FoxtrotDelta »

Oleg wrote:cloth simulation is not under research currently, but its in my schedule for research. I remind I was messing with them for several weeks at first attempt and gave up, so I'm not very optimistic on this task.

concerning options being given some names instead of nameless "flag #1", "flag #2" and numerical IDs, it's generally a user-friendly names for the stuff that was available in a different fashion. Actual names (and their meaning whether it's correct or not) can be discussed here (or in new topic) and/or asked for some explanation at GIMS Evo topic at gtaforums.com. I've taken names from GIMS Evo screenshot and not sure where these options really does what they were named to be.
Alright Thanks for the Guidance i'll be sure to check out gims evo forum topic.
Im no Expert i Learn New Stuff Everyday
Mihail1988

Post by Mihail1988 »

Oleg, hello! After upgrading to 3.1.5. ZM generated a new ID of the platform with a trial license , I added this ID to my account, got the key, did the validation, ZM successfully worked (import, export, work with animation), but each time the computer is restarted, a new ID with a trial license is generated again.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Since version 3.1.5 platform identification has changed a little and might produce different ID than older versions in some cases. Even more, ZMod might be switching between two or three IDs in rare cases, it should not give new IDs all the time.

As I see, two IDs on your account seems to be properly identified, except the one "8UR2R-GL" which is marked as "inaccurate identification". If possible, prefer Hibernate instead of reboot of your computer so you don't need to revoke/apply license each time.