GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

Post by Oleg »

I've checked original Franklin's lowr_000_r model and it has blue-channel values ranging from zero to 70 with zero on just few vertices. It looks very strange that per-vertex info can cause the game to crash (I assume this per-vertex info is used for some mesh-vertices specific behavior, so a behavior could be different/inaccurate/unintended, but game crash is certainly unexpected for me on this).
CommanderFang

Post by CommanderFang »

Hey Oleg, I've been working on another ped model import, which contrary to my previous one which was a successful attempt, this one is giving me some problems and its all related to the skeleton this time.

Look, my problem with this particular model is the body proportions are slightly different than those used by the game default peds and at this point it would be way too much of a hassle trying to "remodel" my model just to adjust it to the game defaults, something I would avoid if I can.

My model leg bone proportions are slightly longer (only a bit I must say, nothing really exagerated, I just rather have my joints bend in correct places instead of just going by the "match the skeleton" approach if I can avoid it) which requires me to edit bone length in the skeleton setup mode, I have successfully adjusted some other bones on the body but when I try to increase the legs lengths then when I spawn the ped in-game, her legs look all twitched, and I think this happens because the pedestrian retains its original height and the game is forcing them despite the fact I increased the legs lengths in the skeleton and since she is retaining this "floating point" with longer legs, they end up twitched, do you know how or If I can somehow increase my character height to go over this set height limit?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Have you checked this video:

ANR70u1LhdI
CommanderFang

Post by CommanderFang »

Oleg wrote:Have you checked this video:
Oh, interesting, so then it IS possible, I knew there had to be a way since I've seen like giant NPC mods and such, gonna run some tests, thanks.
jeffrey9090
Beginner

Post by jeffrey9090 »

How would I fix this?
Attachments
20170429163521_1.jpg
jeffrey9090
Beginner

Post by jeffrey9090 »

Nevermind. Did some testing. It turns out that if you swap the dummies of a component, it will bug out.
MartinCT

Post by MartinCT »

Is there a tutorial anywhere on the ped props?
I'd like to reposition some sheriff_p stuff to fit nicely on a cop model.
YoungSaiyan

Post by YoungSaiyan »

Very curious about how one would manipulate each bone individually and make it work still. the video was very informative in teaching us about how to scale the entire skeleton and meshes. I'm still curious about how we would approach each bone though as most of my models are slight different and i would prefer them to be correctly placed to rig better. thank you for all the help
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

very alike to scaling an entire skeleton. keep a trick in mind: holding mouse still over some bone and tapping Ctrl key several times will let you pick different objects under cursor. it's very helpful as some bones are "duplicate" (one for axial rotation, another for roll).
YoungSaiyan

Post by YoungSaiyan »

Oleg thank you so much for the advice. thats very valuable. do i need to export the skeleton after moving the bones, then import it again? or can i apply the model to the new skeleton right after the adjustments?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you can apply or refine bones weight without export/reimport. however, you have to export .yft file so changes take place in game.
YoungSaiyan

Post by YoungSaiyan »

oh i dont mean bone weights tho. i mean the size and the rotation of the bones. when i make those size changes, do i need to export an reimport?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

just export the .yft file in "Skeleton only" mode. You will need to rename ".global" branch to a proper name before you export, so a branch with ".skel" will get exported.
jeffrey9090
Beginner

Post by jeffrey9090 »

The paint does not work on my end. I know I painted black secondary correctly; the mesh does not shake. For a few 20 seconds, it seems to work correctly; the mesh seems to have correct shading. After a short amount of time, the mesh goes back to incorrect shading.

I painted the primary rgb to 255, 128, 0. There are tangents, secondary/primary paint enabled.

I don't know what is going on.

P.S: It also crashes after a short time when the badge screws up the shading. Also, I have some parts of the texture transparent in the bumpmap and diffuse. Could this cause the issues?
Attachments
20170507184641_1.jpg
20170507184652_1.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

looks quite strange to me. I remind the game was reducing graphic quality in several seconds when I was testing some objects: the problem was with collision and some model fragment falling through the ground - the game identified object to be "growing in bounds" and started to drop quality by using lower quality textures and models (on surrounding map objects). it was a test with light pole.

what is wrong with the badge is a sort of mystery for me, as it barely uses collision.
jeffrey9090
Beginner

Post by jeffrey9090 »

Could be a bug with a mixed format? I may be using something other than triangles.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I doubt this is related to model, it feels like a texture issue or an in-game feature.. may be the game tries to emulate a wetness on this material and it suffers low texture quality during this emulation.

I would recommend to assign original model's bump texture onto the badge, and if possible, leave some torso fragment of original model (with bump texture used too), just to see what will happen with original model and original texture.

Your note on a game crash makes me think of incorrect "Base" value set on a model. The base value somehow relates to memory management and usage of your model, so settings bad value there might let the game load the model (and textures) and get some problems later (when texture's memory get taken for usage by some other resources). Try settings higher base value on a topmost dummy node. Also, when you use embedded textures, Base property should have non-zero second value, like this:

Base 22, 10
Danix.93

Post by Danix.93 »

Hi guys! I don't know why, but when I rig the legs of my custom model (using ig_bankman's legs) they get rigged to the hands! Can someone help me?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you need to rig to skeleton inside ".global" branch. this skeleton is full with all bones loaded. once you have .global and .skel, load original legs model - it will get bind to global skeleton; set any leg bone as current to see whether its influence (colored highlight) is shown on a proper model area. Once everything is ok, you can bind your own mesh model to .skel of .global; then use weight copy tool.
Danix.93

Post by Danix.93 »

Thank you Oleg, I did!
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

Hey, @Oleg
Can you help me ? I added a new drawable component (task_003_u) to ped (s_m_y_cop_01). I did it by copying task_002_u dummy and mesh. Added task can be spawned in game by trainer because i already edited ymt for that. But, the added task not appear in the game. New task use textures with correct names, and was binded to skel, but didn't work.
jeffrey9090
Beginner

Post by jeffrey9090 »

@_Vlad_ Export openformats, import it with openformats. Make a backup of pre-openformats

I want to swap some bones to another skeleton. Can I just put more bones to a skeleton?
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@jeffrey9090, the new component is working now, thank you!
jeffrey9090
Beginner

Post by jeffrey9090 »

@_Vlad_ NP
jeffrey9090
Beginner

Post by jeffrey9090 »

I made a discovery about the weird shading from my models; the weird shading only occurs during the day game time. The night seems to have the correct shading while the day does the weird shiny shading. During the night, the model never becomes shiny; during the day, the model becomes shiny after a small amount of time.