Issues getting Zmodeler 1 Running!

Discuss ZModeler 1 series issues here, ask for help and help others to become advanced users

Moderator: Oleg

ASlap

Issues getting Zmodeler 1 Running!

Post by ASlap »

Hey guys,
I'm in need of using the Zmodeler 1 for a future GTA5 Conversion, cause i absolutely need the SCX pluggin to do it! I suppose Zmodeler 2 or 3 doesn't have an SCX pluggin right!?
The thing is i can't get Zmodeler 1 to work! Everytime i try to start the program i get an error with dll files missing on my pc! I did download the missin files... but...
now i get this: 1st window error !Switching to sofware mode.! and 2nd window error (4 times) !No 3d Device!

Please, what do i have to do to get it runnin? I already tried 3 other download links with no chance!
Thx in advance.

P.S.: By the way, the missing dlls were: MFC42D.dll and msvcrtd.dll and i'm runnin Windows 10 :P
ASlap

Re: Issues getting Zmodeler 1 Running!

Post by ASlap »

Okay guys, i got it runnin on my old PC with Windows 7 , suppose it had something to do with my Windows 10!
Is there any way i could make it run on it?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

barely possible. try right-click -> compatibility -> this application was working on older version of windows -> windows XP SP3 -> Ok.
lol200004

Post by lol200004 »

Actual problem for me in WIN7 x64. How fix it? Compatibility with old windows not work.
lol200004

Post by lol200004 »

The problem was solved. Zmodeler 1.07b does not support the large screen resolution.

Post by Guest »

So is there a way to get it working on a 64bit 7 system, screen resolution wide or not?
Retrosonic

Post by Retrosonic »

I know it's a little late now but here is how you can get Zmodeler 1.xx running on a modern widescreen computer:

- Download and install Res-O-Matic version 5.1, near as I can tell it's freeware (https://res-o-matic.en.uptodown.com/windows/download)
- Run Res-O-Matic, when asked point to Zmodeler v1.xx executable and select a suitable resolution (1920x1080 works for me)
- I have it successfully running on Windows 10 64 bit, 2560x1080 monitor with the shortcut resizing it to 1920x1080
- When you close the program it returns you to the resolution it was before launching the program
Note: You need to start the program through this shortcut, launching by file association won't work unless the program is already running

Todd