[Guide] GTA4 to GTA5 Conversion Tutorial Videos

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: [Guide] GTA4 to GTA5 Conversion Tutorial Videos

Post by Oleg »

_cp_ wrote:...rearrange materials in vehicle_generic tab in alphabetical order.
what tab do you mean?
_cp_
Beginner

Post by _cp_ »

That one for material conversion.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

get an update.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@rarojaguar, watch video tutorials before making your first conversion attempts. Importing some model and exporting it into the game is not just using Import and Export buttons. A set of tutorials here are your guideline.
rarojaguar

Post by rarojaguar »

ZModeler is ready.
for export. file:GTARageExport.cpp line:110
for export. file:GTARageExport.cpp line:114

GTA Rage FOR AMD 64%
zmodeler and gta rage -> x64 version 64-bit PLS!
NO x86 NO 32bit
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@rarojaguar, read guides first, your questions have been explained dozen of times already, starting from the very first post of GTA5 plugin release:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7343
Turkish20

Post by Turkish20 »

After a while, I started modding again, but I get confronted with a new error.

I am converting cars from SA to V. The problem is, before you can even make the GTA V hierarchy ready, you have to attach some parts of the SA model. Now, when I attach some parts, for example the engine to the chassis, the 3d model suddenly gets destroyed. What I mean is, you are able to see a black thing as zigzags around the model (coming out from the engine). As far as I know, this has something to do with high poly. Correct me if I am wrong. Now how can I solve this? That would have been my first high poly model, but it just destroyes the vehicle, when I attach. I have read somewhere the solution of that a year ago, but forgot where the answer to the question was on this forum. Hope to get a respond and wish you guys a happy new year in advance.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

an object reaches 64K vertices limit. you can have several "chassis" objects in ZModeler. then pick them all (with CTRL key) in hierarchy view and press "Group" on structure panel. this group can later be assigned as L0 on "chassis" compound.
Turkish20

Post by Turkish20 »

Thank you! That helped a lot! Do you know, how I can make the gauges visable, when there is a glass infront of the gauges? I try to find out the correct texture in the materials section. I changed it to vehicle_glass and replaced it with the glass.png texture. The problem is, that the texture with the gauges (km/h, upm) can not been seen behind the glass, only the needles, which are attached on the 3d model. Any idea, or am I using the wrong texture. The simpliest option would be, to remove the dashboard glass, but I really don't want to.

Your advise helped me a lot! Many thanks and a merry new year!!!
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Put a material associated with glass in the bottom of materials list in materials browser.
Turkish20

Post by Turkish20 »

Oleg wrote:an object reaches 64K vertices limit. you can have several "chassis" objects in ZModeler. then pick them all (with CTRL key) in hierarchy view and press "Group" on structure panel. this group can later be assigned as L0 on "chassis" compound.
As you have said, I did that. Grouped the chassis parts via the structure mode and the "chassis" writing became fat. Now compounded them to L0 like you have said. Will this cause later a crash in the game? What I have recognized is, that I have to copy the local axes of the 3d-grouped-chassis model to the dummy "chassis". If I do not do that, then the 3d chassis is in the air on zmodeler than the dummy chassis' place (right in the middle of zmodeler).

There are orange box-like corners at the grouped chassis model. Is that normal?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

most of things you ask are trial and error. the game can take your model fine, or can crash on it, I can't guarantee it will work after export.

In most of cases, it worth to have the same local axes on objects in a group and on a group itself; as well as group axes matching owner compound axes too.

orange corners are drawn on group objects boundary, just to show you "a group is here".
Johnrose

Post by Johnrose »

I've been waiting for days.
Turkish20

Post by Turkish20 »

Have a few questions

Almost every car I have converted, has the problem, that the indicators do not show up on the lights. Instead, when indicators are turned on via trainer, I can only see them blinking on the selected direction but not in the lights itself.

The other question would be, how can I make my taillights working completely, instead of seeing dots for brakelight, taillight and reversinglight. All I can see is a dot. I also tried to change the taillights material into vehicle lights emmisive but this does not work either. It only brightens at night, even if you have no lights turned on, when you start the engine. Even with emmisive, there are dots.

How can I add or make a dirt version?

These would be the questions. I am about to finish another car, yet it has the problems as well as my released cars. They have dots as lights in their tail and headlights and also no dirt mapping.

Is it possible, to make the dash lights glow, with turning the lights on? Since I do not know how to do that, I always put the material lightsemmisive for the dials.
Turkish20

Post by Turkish20 »

Anybody knows, what the correct scale measures of vehicles in 3ds Max are, to export and show them in the correct size in Zmodeler3? All of the 3ds max models are very very very very extremely small. I scaled 10x of the 3d model in 3ds Max but it is still to small for zmodeler 3. And even the 3d is not shown in Zmodeler. Just some pivots with x,y and z axis.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

when you set up units in 3dsmax, arbitrary unit being used is probably 1 meter in ZModeler.
Turkish20

Post by Turkish20 »

What is the reason of the rotation of the rear wheels? Ingame when doing a burnout or driving the car, the rear wheels are not fixed, so they rotate kind of like shaking, which shouldn't be the case. I can not find any mistake in the Zmodeler either. This never happened before.

Also can anybody explain me about this?

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11992

He says something with double layers but I do not understand or know what and where to create those layers.

Also what is the meaning of headlight node has no colour in vertex format?
Turkish20

Post by Turkish20 »

Oleg wrote:when you set up units in 3dsmax, arbitrary unit being used is probably 1 meter in ZModeler.
Can you tell me, what I have to do, when my grouped chassis moves up as soon as I add them to the chassis L0 compound? In the past you told me, that I can group the parts into once instead of attaching them (which made the model broken). As soon as I compounded my chassis group I saw (unfortunately a bit late) that all the 3d grouped parts moved up. The bodyshell, doors, lights etc. are in the same position even after compounding into L0.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

ungroup it, make sure all components have the same local axes (display\local axes\copy tool can do this), then group again. then copy local axes from chassis node onto this group; then assign group as L0. I afraid node assignment to compound element might not handle axes conversion inside a group; display\Local axes\ tools can handle it properly.
Turkish20

Post by Turkish20 »

Oleg wrote:ungroup it, make sure all components have the same local axes (display\local axes\copy tool can do this), then group again. then copy local axes from chassis node onto this group; then assign group as L0. I afraid node assignment to compound element might not handle axes conversion inside a group; display\Local axes\ tools can handle it properly.

Thanks it worked.

Another question:

Is there any tutorial about converting GTA SA cars into GTA 4? And can I use the Zmodeler 3 to convert GTA SA cars to GTA 4? Anywhere a tutorial and forum showing about how to do it and what to pay attention to?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

ZModeler3 is not related to GTA4, it can't import/export .wft files for GTA4. ZModeler2 does this.
Turkish20

Post by Turkish20 »

Oleg wrote:ZModeler3 is not related to GTA4, it can't import/export .wft files for GTA4. ZModeler2 does this.
Is anywhere a tutorial? It seems more complicated, than converting to GTA V.

What if just saving the wft. file as a zmodeler file and edit it in Zmodeler 3? Logically that would be possible, wouldn't it?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you will need to export scene to gta4 from zmodeler2. I don't see a point to use zmodeler3 in this conversion chain. ZModeler2 will require its own style of scene setup and materials configuration to export properly. So you can't get zmodeler3 benefits of shader materials, compounds etc. you will loose all these features when saving a ZModeler2-compatible .z3d file.
Mentossini

Post by Mentossini »

Привет! Появился вопрос, ответ на который не встретил выше. Возможно ли при конвертации с .wft в .yft через old .z3d сохранить скелет? Развертывая вопрос - заинтересовало, возможно ли впринципе сохранить свойства деформируемации у деформируемого пропа из GTA4 в GTA5. Да и к педам можно тоже отнести тот же вопрос.