Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
_Vlad_
Beginner

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, it's not addon wheels
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

my test model (buffalo2) after import/export with the latest version is absolutely ok.

recent changes in filter involve axes export update on COL objects that are a group-objects. if you don't have groups on your COLs, your export should be unaffected by recent changes.
Riqitch811

Post by Riqitch811 »

If I wanted to have a material with little reflections and shine (similar to this), what would be the best specmap to use?
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, sorry, my fault, i exported it with skeletal off...
i just I didnt notice it
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Riqitch811 wrote:If I wanted to have a material with little reflections and shine (similar to this), what would be the best specmap to use?
use dark red texture in specmap.
Bulldog Designs

Post by Bulldog Designs »

i have a problem Oleg, with my model when i import it into zmod the model bugs out or something and i get those weird lines and they stay there when put into game but the origional model is absolutely fine but it didnt get imported to zmod... hopefully you can help.

King regards, Bulldog designs
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

this looks like a vertices limit hit on object(s). each object can not exceed 64K of vertices. If you import your model from a different format, you should chop it to smaller objects, so limit is not hit. Inside ZModeler, you can not use Modify\Attach on objects, as a result merged object could hit the limit again: instead, use "Group" button. GTA exporter can export objects that are groups, so limit is not a problem on export (unless object is not messed already).
Bulldog Designs

Sorry, what do you mean buy that i got a little confused?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

load your model into zmodeler in parts: object chassis (one file), then load object bonnet,bumper, roof (another file) then load doors and interior (third file). and so on.

in ZModeler arrange objects to correct gta parts; if you use Modify\Attach tool and get messed polygons (like on your screenshots), then use "Group" button on "Structure" panel for these objects instead of Attach tool.
Bulldog Designs

How do you load separate parts into zmod like your explaining?
Riqitch811

Post by Riqitch811 »

Oleg, every time I reload my .z3d file after saving, the mapping for UV #2 doesn't save, which leaves me to redo all of the mapping again. What's the problem?
_cp_
Beginner

Post by _cp_ »

Set it in Properties->Vehicles->Format->UV Channels.

@Oleg
Could you take a look at the lowriders suspension e.g. faction2? Their polygons are missing in few places.
Path is: update\x64\dlcpacks\mplowrider\dlc.rpf\x64\levels\gta5\vehicles\lowvehicles.rpf\faction2_hi.yft

Springs texture are animated somehow?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

In order to make or edit this model the way R* did it, you should load it in non-sliced mode. Rear suspension vertices are mostly assigned to "transmission_r" bone, when I move it down, most of vertices move too, but not as a "separate part". You can see springs are stretching, as opposite vertices of springs are assigned to "chassis" bone influence. This allows simulation of stretching parts (like springs) at no cost for the game engine:
gta5_non_sliced_model.jpg
If you load this model with no "Slice to parts" option, you will see it yourself too.

In order to revert to this, or make your own mod the same way, you should:

1. attach all related polygons to rear suspension part first;
2. export your model (unlocked)
3. import your model with no "Slice to parts" option;
4. set "Chassis" as current bone on ".skel" object;
5. switch ".mesh" object to vertices level; hide all unnecessary elements using Select\Element or Select\Separated + Hide tool; make sure only suspension is shown (and unnecessary parts of chassis can be hidden too)
6. use Rigging\Influence\Paint tool on tips of meshes to "attach" associated vertices to "chassis" bone;
7. save as .z3d; export; test in game; if not satisfied, undo and redo #6-#7.

if your spring model is 3D spring, you can use soft brush paint feature, allowing zero-to-full gradient paint of influence on the spring object: lower vertices will have 100% suspension influence; upper vertices will have 100% chassis influence; mid will fade respectively (gradient from deep red to deep blue and fade to transparent).

On the image below, neon_b bone influence was soft-painted to the rear of the vehicle. it was done with max size of brush, 0 hardness and single click&drag paint operation in Left view (if you paint in perspective view, toggle off "Solid" mode)
gta5_non_sliced_model_01.jpg
And that's how mesh is stretched when I move associated bone backward:
gta5_non_sliced_model_02.jpg
The game does the same with suspension. Just make sure to set your model properly and assign vertices influence to correct bones in non-sliced mode. sliced mode will always produce "rigid" components for vehicle skeleton/hierarchy.

P.S. [un-relevant to your case] if you unbind skeleton from mesh after such a soft-skin modification like on the latest image, the affected mesh will accept transformation in latest "pose". This could be used to adapt ped models to gta skeletons when they don't match perfectly in rest pose.
saidylmz

Post by saidylmz »

Front and Rear doors reflections different, how to fix this? I try reuvmap#1 and reuvmap#2 but not fix :cry:
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

does Surface\Normals\Calculate produce good result in ZModeler on these two objects?
saidylmz

Post by saidylmz »

Bad view :(
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

looks like a bad import from 3dsmax. when you import 3dsmax models (via OBJ or DAE) make sure to toggle on "Optimize vertices". now you can use Modify\Weld tool on vertices level: select all verts, expand options of Weld tool, enable Multiple Target option; click on any of selected vertices, specify options: distance = 0; uv tolerance = 0.1, normals angle = 40. then use Normals\calculate tool again.
Diab0

Post by Diab0 »

Hi Oleg,

I'm actually facing a problem with the attachments of the weapons. When I replace a weapon, I need to keep the dummies for the flashlight, scope, silencer... at their exact original position (position which I got when importing the .ydr of the original weapon). If I move those dummies to have the attachments in the appropriate position for this new weapon, in game the result is that the attachment position is good, but when I shoot or reload, they goes back to their original position.

Step to reproduce : Import a weapon, move the silencer dummy, export and test.

The workarround is to export new attachments for each weapon, but I'm pretty sure there is a way to do this properly with Z3D. Maybe a hidden value somewhere that I missed.

If you have any idea ?

Thanks
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

this is a known issue of animation playback suppressing bones/objects setup in your model hierarchy.

you can create a "position adjuster dummy" for the part you need to refine position. For example, lets say a shell-ejection part "S" needs to be repositioned, and it is mounted on a bone named Gun_MainBone. You create a bone named my_pos_adjust01 and put it into Gun_MainBone; then drag&drop part "S" into "my_pos_adjust01" in hierarchy; then use Alt+Click on [v] icon of my_pos_adjust01 to get it selected in viewport. toggle off "Auto" selection mode in the bottom of ZModeler window; then use modify\move (ensure "Affect children is toggled on) and move object in viewport to get "S" position at desired location. note, the "my_pos_adjust01" will actually move, and "S" being the child of it will get moved too. then export and test in game.

P.S. the problem you describe also relates to earlier versions of the filter, make sure you run the latest copy of ZModeler.
Diab0

Post by Diab0 »

Your solution has not worked. It has reproduced the same problem but with the attachment at another position when reloading or shooting.

However, it has put me in the right way to solve the problem :

If I need to move, let's say, the silencer :

-Keep the WAPSupp dummy bone in the original position
-Copy this dummy bone and name it WAPSupp_2, and put it in the hierarchy of WAPSupp.
-WAPSupp_2 is this bone which will determinate the position of the attachment. So we can move it freely

Final step is to go in weapon.meta and change

Code: Select all

<Item>
              <AttachBone>WAPSupp</AttachBone>
              <Components>
                <Item>
                  <Name>COMPONENT_AT_PI_SUPP</Name>
                  <Default value="false" />
                </Item>
              </Components>
            </Item>
with

Code: Select all

<Item>
              <AttachBone>WAPSupp_2</AttachBone>
              <Components>
                <Item>
                  <Name>COMPONENT_AT_PI_SUPP</Name>
                  <Default value="false" />
                </Item>
              </Components>
            </Item>
This method is also used by Rockstar for some add-on weapons.

Thanks Oleg for your help.
_cp_
Beginner

Post by _cp_ »

All vehicle compound models has Tangents option enabled?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

_cp_ wrote:All vehicle compound models has Tangents option enabled?
to whom is this question for?
_cp_
Beginner

Post by _cp_ »

To everyone, to you too.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Tangents are required on objects that have material with bump shader (any shader utilizing BUMPMAP slot). availability of Tangents on objects that don't use BUMPMAP is insignificant, as exporter will write tangents data when material requires it. So, you can enable it on all objects to be safe.
Bulldog Designs

i have an issue, my model has been uv mapped and textured and shows in zmod 2 and 3 but doesnt want to work in game and is starting to get on my nerves because it wants to use the environments textures and my textures wont work on those parts :/
Last edited by Bulldog Designs on Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.