Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
_Vlad_
Beginner

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg
There is any way to make indicators more brighter by material setting(properties) ? Because that day they flash very dim
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

By default, the level of "Emissive" color is taken in respect. You can suppress it by assigning user-defined option "emissiveMultiplier" and setting a value on it. If I'm not mistaken, full-strength emissive equals to "emissiveMultiplier" = 20. Try higher values.
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

Oleg wrote:By default, the level of "Emissive" color is taken in respect. You can suppress it by assigning user-defined option "emissiveMultiplier" and setting a value on it. If I'm not mistaken, full-strength emissive equals to "emissiveMultiplier" = 20. Try higher values.
thanks, I'll try
l0wtrax

Post by l0wtrax »

When i want to import an .yft file, the import button is not highlited. What should i do?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

The file you are trying to import is locked.
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

WTF with YDR exporting ? when i just changed pervertext color on some polygons, file size very strongly increased, from 12kb to 40, even 50kb ? how is this possible?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

may be thumbnail image is saved? it's a jpeg image which is usually 8-24kb in size. Also, the file is created based on scene content and materials setup, it could be made of a different layout and packed in a slightly different way producing different file size on scenes with no changes at all.
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

thumbnail image ? for ydr? i understand you correctly? the materials and other thins doesnt have ANY changes
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

thumbnail image is saved in all files exported by ZModeler. In case of GTA: .yft, .ydr, .ydd files get this image saved in. you can try File\Import -> pick your file and check whether "preview" area shows something in it. Thumbnail image is for ZModeler only, it's no way related to the game or to openiv.

materials packing (and associated geometry packing) is controlled by build-in adaptation data I have on the filter code. It might be slightly incorrect for some shader (e.g. forcing 3 UV channels to be exported, while material uses only 2 UV channels) - this model will work fine in game, but file size increase will happen. This is just a guess, as I compare materials/shaders setup to the files I read them from. Even thought geometry type on each shader is assumed to be well-defined, the game allows some variations with missing/redundant data to be on vertices.

On the other hand, 12-40Kb is barely something you should care of in my opinion.
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg. ok, thanks for detailed answer :)
dimaz

Post by dimaz »

Подскажите, что нужно сделать(какой мат применить или что-то еще) чтобы детали интерьера можно было красить в салоне Бенни. Paint1,2,4 уже задействованы на кузове и дисках
help pleaze. What i must to do, that i can paint the interior in Benni salon
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

paint 6 = interior paint; paint 7 = dials paint.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

COL objects July 2016 update:
The following user-defined properties could be added onto COL object. If the COL object is a group of components, the property is added onto entire group (in contrast to "Mass" and "E" property that should be set on each group element).
Stamina user-defined property with four values in it. The first one is an object (component) stamina to user action; other three values are generally the same on most of objects: 100, 1000 and 0.25 (purpose is unknown)
Destroy user-defined property with a set of property bits ranging from 1 to 16 inclusive. Meanings of values are mostly unknown;
9 = Destroy with single gun shot;
11 = destroyed object disappears (applies to light bulbs and other glass objects);
Setting any "Destroy" value on COL object requires you to set non-zero second value in "Base" property of the root dummy node. For example, if you change buffalo2 doors "Destroy" mode to "9, 11", the original "Base" value "20, 0" should be changed to "20, 4" (for drop-off components).

You are welcome to make your own tests and post your observations on these properties and their effect in game.
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, btw, now i have some troubles with collisions for sirens (lightbar glass), but it not worked before update, i changed the mesh but collision doesnt was changed and collision not work :( glass not breaking, but when car is exploded, the glass not exsist anymore
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Changes in this update generally relates to an export with "Skeletal" turned off. When you export a vehicle, you should toggle on "Skeletal", so updates will not be related. Another update with "Stamina" and "Destroy" properties use default settings when these options are not available (old-style export) and use settings from properties when these values are available. I doubt the issue you mention relates to this update. Can you make an import/export test of original police vehicle to find out whether this problem appears there too?
_cp_
Beginner

Post by _cp_ »

So original vehicles will load these new options, right?
Also, which vehicle is using Destroy option?

Suggestion: Could you add a option to change names of parameters in User-defined Options?
Last edited by _cp_ on Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I haven't seen destroy option on any vehicles. this option was found on street lamps (light bulb object). I guess it could be set on fire hydrant object or other objects that has specific behavior when they are destroyed. I've tested driver's door with destroy options 9+11 : it drops at first shot and disappears.

stamina option is loaded always; destroy is loaded when it is non-zero (defines specific behavior). Missing option does not mean "unsupported", cause it means "default behavior used on this COL".
_cp_
Beginner

Post by _cp_ »

Oh, I noticed sometimes that doors could fall off after one shot, now it's clearly why it happened.
Uppercase names of parameters does matter? Is there any difference for exporter/game when parameter is called e.g. Mass or MASS?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

uppercase is insignificant. even mAsS is fine.
_cp_
Beginner

Post by _cp_ »

OK, when they are Mass and MASS names, is it OK too?

And there are four values for Stamina: 100, 100, 1000, 0.25. For bikes, it's used only on chassis_dummy [COL]
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

on your screenshot only one Mass/MASS will be read. Can't say which of them will be used, just delete one.

Stamina property should appear on all COL objects. If a collision is a group of elements, Stamina property is assigned to this group, as it defines stamina of this unity of elements. in a set of four values 200, 100, 1000, 0.25 only "200" is known to be the actual object stamina, other values have unknown purpose (and mostly set to 100, 1000 and 0.25). If I don't find any specific meaning for them, I'll remove them (and force 100, 1000, 0.25 to be exported always), so "Stamina" property will become just one value to edit [Later].
_cp_
Beginner

Post by _cp_ »

So Stamina for a group is assigned to a compound of COLs, not for all elements separately?

Yep, checked on Insurgent.
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, as i say, this problem happened BEFORE UPDATE! NOT AFTER
_Vlad_
Beginner

Post by _Vlad_ »

@Oleg, any ideas? https://pp.vk.me/c604427/v604427427/199 ... JuGCUo.jpg
i dont make any changes on wheels/wheels collision/etc, and it the game its f***d up
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

reexport both model_hi and model.yft files. also, if you install addon wheels, the associated model should be exported from zmodeler located at 0,0,0 point. all accessory should be aligned to 0,0,0 point before export. associated point will get transferred to a mount bone location (wheel_lf location in case of addon/upgrade wheels).