GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
jeffrey9090
Beginner

Re: Ped models

Post by jeffrey9090 »

The solder radio is attached to the belt.
jeffrey9090
Beginner

Post by jeffrey9090 »

I have fixed everything else. But I now got this bug

Missing shader configuration for adaptation "ped_default_enveff". Model can't be exported. file:RageExportMaterial.cpp line:142
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

this object can't be "attached" to a belt, it have to be soft-skin bend by influence of multiple bones. use select\element to select the upper belt (shoulder belt) vertices, then use rigging\influence\copy: and click on torso. Ideally, weight copy should be done before attaching geometry, so you copy influence from one object to another, rather than copying it in vertices mode within one object.

...this applies to the issue of shoulder belt popping up when torso turns, as shown on screenshot.
Rekram

Post by Rekram »

hey oleg iam having problems while trying a model in game......in zmodeler looks fine....also in openiv, but in game new objects attached to original mesh dont work vey well...

examples:

http://imgur.com/a/yGUbX

hope you can help me....i did all the neccessary steps....but it seems that i forgot a step or did something wrong....
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

how did you assigned bones influence onto the radio thing? you should use rigging\influence\copy tool and copy influence from "upper"'s mesh onto the radio (even if you are going to attach it to the "lower"'s mesh. alternatively, split radio to the lower part (the one attached to the belt -> goes to lower.mesh; and another part - the on-chest radio -> goes to upper.mesh) and use influence copy from different sources onto these different objects; then attach them to respective meshes.
Rekram

Post by Rekram »

mm....i didnt touched the radio influence....i just attatched the new objects (cuffs and flashlight) to the mesh task_001 .......also i didnt edit the bones influence because i didnt know i should do that :D.....let me try and i will reply back
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

then what was your main question about? the visual look of handcuffs and flashlight being aqua color? or the misplaced belt of radio? The visual look can be fixed by using original material(s) or configuring correct material. Additionally, ped meshes require "specular" per-vertex color to be available too. you should paint it to black color using scheme:
- Switch object to verts level; select all;
- Surface\Paint\Swap colors [click on any vertex]
- Surface\Paint\Color -> fill selected [with black color set on]
- Surface\Paint\Swap colors [click on any vertex again],

Specular (secondary) per-vertex color components has some in-game meaning for dynamic object properties, like response to wind and some other tasks. this is not a color natively. I guess it might have something to do with the wrong aqua color you see on your screenshots.
Rekram

Post by Rekram »

the textures are not the main problem....i fix them a bit by changing the material to ped_default....but they still dont look with appropiate textures....now they look like black or some kind of burned color........

the main problem is the misplaced radio and cuffs and flashlight....when the ped moves also i see that the belt is not following the movement of the top and low parts....so that should be fixed with the bones thing i think....

i need tto try....thanks for the reply...i will let you know if i fixed it :D
Rekram

Post by Rekram »

@Oleg

nope....not working......i cant figure out how to fix it....i tried with multiple options of copying influence from mesh to mesh,......

textures were not fixed also with your method... :( ...

but talking with logic......why when i attach objects to the belt the influence of the belt changes? ....i mean...iam not moving anything....just deleting some things of the belt and adding other from import.....

anyone ? .....there are few modders that work at ped atm ....
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

influence is a per-vertex property. when you delete some geometry (mesh vertices) and replace it with new geometry (mesh vertices), those new come without influence assigned. the game engine does not know how to move them softly when player/ped plays an animation as vertex-to-skeleton assignment is not available on newly-added vertices.

If you've added vertices to the mesh already, you can copy influence within this mesh only. select (select\element) unweighted vertices, pick weights copy tool and click on any of selected vertices -> these will copy influence onto each of selected vertex using the nearest properly-weighted vertex, assuming "this new will act the same way as this good one". The drawback of the situation is that original "task" mesh has no enough "nearest" vertices to copy good influence from. that is why I suggest to copy influence before attaching the mesh, and copy it from "upper" mesh model.

make sure to set Properties->Mesh->Vertices->Format->MaxRigBones = 4 onto your object before you copy influence weight onto.

take a look at this old video. it has this "copy" technique shown on:
https://youtu.be/BGj0szxzeWM?t=386
...attaching a mesh (made of cylinder) to a weight-mapped ped model.
(the most important starts at 11:15, but watch the full from 6:30)
Rekram

Post by Rekram »

okey so. i managed to fix the influence issue....all moves according to the body ....know i have a second problem....

the textures are not the correct textures and the cuffs appear but the flashlight dont appear.....

i tried for both objects materials with adapt: ''Ped'', ''Ped_default'', and ''Ped_cutout'' ......

none of them are working properly....i will try again by painting surface with paint tool at verticles level with black....it needs to be at any channel or at alpha for example?

thanks for the help oleg....you are making easier my life :wink:
Rekram

Post by Rekram »

Textures fixed....
GTA5 2016-06-12 20-55-50-93.jpg
GTA5 2016-06-12 20-55-40-18.jpg
GTA5 2016-06-12 20-55-52-62.jpg

Will be adding taser, new radio, and radio's wire.....

thanks for the help oleg
Rekram

Post by Rekram »

hey oleg.....now i tried to add a motorola radio and new wire......high poly....trying to lower them...but i am having an issue :
radio wire.JPG
motorola.JPG
(LOoks fine on zmodeler3)

IN OPEN IV:
Capture17.JPG
Capture28.JPG
Capture29.JPG

in game it doesnt appear.......its like gtav dont recognize maybe the type of mesh....

do you have any idea on what could be the problem? ....materials problem should not be the problem....
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I would personally think of materials being the problem.. I doubt hi-poly is the cause, it should be no difference for the game. Also, what exactly does not appear - your addon model or entire "task_***"" model (belt with flashlight, radio, etc.) ?
Rekram

Post by Rekram »

fixed all issues....jsut working on influence for the wire ....
GTA5 2016-06-16 00-18-24-35.jpg
GTA5 2016-06-16 00-18-13-59.jpg

just need to redone textures.......i really dont know how i fixed it....but i think that i changed something with the bones at properties...

cant remember :P

do you know if it can be possible to make two nodes apply influence on another nodee? ....like i want to make the uppr copy influence into the speaker, the speaker with the wire, the wire with the radio and the radio with the belt, and the belt with the lowr......too much influence....you have any idea?

thanks in advance
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

this will require manual weight distribution with influence "paint" and influence "smooth" tools. If you've watched the video I've specified earlier, you know how to paint an influence of one specific bone/node onto a mesh vertices. thus, you can assign most of needed influence from "uppr" by "Copy" tool and apply some manual influence onto lower part from lower skeleton bones with "paint" tool manually.
Baud0412

Post by Baud0412 »

Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

looks like L1 model is rendered instead of L0. can't say anything on exact reason of this.
Baud0412

Post by Baud0412 »

Well, I fix it, I just restart all, but I've a problem, I think that it's coming from the skeleton

Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

looks like addon stuff has no bones influence assignment. does these parts move when player walks? I mean, do they behave like separate parts, or moves as a single solid part ?
Baud0412

Post by Baud0412 »

It move ase separate parts, but one time I fix the legs, with the Rigging\Influence\Copy tool, so I wanted to make it work for he arms, but now the leg don't work...
I'm new on Zmodeler :/
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

detach leg parts and arm parts into different objects using Select tool on polygons level and Modify\Submesh\Detach tool. then copy weight influence onto leg parts from original "lower" model and copy influence onto arm parts from "upper" model. then use modify\attach to attach parts together (if this is a "task" or any other kind of addon).
Baud0412

Post by Baud0412 »

All is working !! No more bug, thank you, but now another issue... the texture...
Is there a way like the template for car, but on NPC's stuff ?
yabatou1985

Post by yabatou1985 »

Hello, I have been able to import the YDD model and other game models, but I don't know how to bind the other character models and bones, what should I do? Do you have any tutorials? My English is not good, so I did not read your reply to other people's problems. I know how to bind the skeleton with 3ds Max. But the two software operations are different, so I don't know how to start the next step. Looking forward to your answer.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Try this as a reference material:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGj0szxzeWM

To bind mesh and skeleton, use Select\Mark tool on skeleton base (big sphere); then use Rigging\Bind tool and click on mesh object while skeleton base is still marked.