License problems with latest version

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

Oskar

License problems with latest version

Post by Oskar »

Hey,
I've got big issues with the license validation with the latest version of ZModeler. I'm not sure if previous version had this problem, too since I just got a new license again.
So nearly everytime I start ZModeler and the license validation has finished I always get the message that my license doesn't allow me to import/open/export any file. Restarting ZModeler fixes the problem usually.
It's still very annoying. This also sometimes happens when closing a file.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: License problems with latest version

Post by Oleg »

if you run a long term license (6 month and above), it should be able to save license key and validation for offline work, so ZM can start and run without online check. If you run a short-term license, you should let ZM perform online check first (open license information window and wait for "Verification: revalidate in ** days" to appear; then close license window and you can open/import).

If you change license key, it is strongly recommended to reinstall ZM (unpack files from zmodeler3.zip). You can backup zmodeler3_profile.xml file to retain your settings and preferences, so "reinstallation" passes smooth. Once you reinstall, apply your new license key and test whether import/export works fine; then restart and test again - it should be working fine.

note, if you open license information window and see your license key there with no "Verification...." line below, ZModeler is not ready to work with your license. In most of cases, this is caused by Windows Update and Windows Events Log services not responding (not running or busy). Starting ZM as Administrator is always preferable.

Post by Guest »

If you run a short-term license, you should let ZM perform online check first (open license information window and wait for "Verification: revalidate in ** days" to appear; then close license window and you can open/import).
Yeah I always do that but I'll try the reinstallation!
Oskar

Post by Oskar »

Still having the problem after serveral reinstallations. Quite annoying paying for a license and then you always need to restart ZModeler twice before starting to use it :?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Do you run a long-term license or a short-term? I can't find any account matching your e-mail.

Post by Guest »

I'm running a short-term license. Not sure if my forum email is matching the one from my ZMod account but I could give you my platform id if that helps.
Oskar

Post by Oskar »

Oh posted as guest again, my bad.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

better give me your zmodeler3 account name.
Oskar

Post by Oskar »

It's Oskaar1994
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

add ZModeler folder into exclude list of your antivirus and unpack zmodeler files again into that folder (you can backup and restore later your ZModeler3_profile.xml file to retain all settings and preferences); then delete CodeLib file(s) from Shared folder; start ZM and let it download all updates; then restart again.

Open License Information window - ZModeler should download and install/validate license key. Restart ZM again.

If you get an "About" window at startup of ZModeler, this means ZModeler requires online check to be performed, so you have to switch to License Information page to let online check pass; then you can close About window.

Once online check is passed, ZM will be able to open/import/export/save. It is recommended to open License Information window to ensure license is validated and running well. This applies to trial and short-term licenses. Long-term licenses (6-month and more) usually work fine by installing and validating license to be able to work offline.
Oskar

Post by Oskar »

Tried all of that. Was gone for about a week and installed the latest updates yesterday.
Now I'm not able to import/export anymore. Regardless how oftern I restart or reinstall it. It always says: Your license denies this action. The license information window says that I still have 10 days left and the verification has succesfully passed.

It generally acts quite weird since the latest updates. I'm not sure if that's intended or if it's a bug. Sometimes I need to start it twice for it to open. And the license information window now always opens before the programm itself. I first need to press Ok and Zmodeler starts about 20 seconds after that.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

May you have Team Viewer installed, so I could connect remotely and assist?
burak2002

Post by burak2002 »

hello zmodeler I registered 3 and verified my e-mail address but 15 day trial application was applied.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Trial license appears when you submit your platform ID in web account on "My computes" page. Your platform ID is shown in ZModeler's "About" window on "License Information" page.
TTVrig50\

Post by TTVrig50\ »

I'm having the same issue were it says licenses denies action when i go to import/export i just bought a 3 month trail yesterday
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

TTVrig50\ wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:22 pm I'm having the same issue were it says licenses denies action when i go to import/export i just bought a 3 month trail yesterday
It's all over here:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7529