Can't Validate Unrevoked License

Troubleshooting and guides for managing your ZModeler3 account and licenses.

Moderator: Oleg

Sir_Smashing

Can't Validate Unrevoked License

Post by Sir_Smashing »

I revoked my license a couple of months ago because I was taking time off modding to study...today I decided I wanted to get back into it and un-revoked the license. When I log onto my account, everything is fine and it says the license is running on my platform and I have 49 days left. However, when I try to activate the license in z-modeler it doesn't work. It says that the license is expired and that online verification failed. I can open my old projects fine, but when I try to export them it says that the license denies this action. Please help me.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Can't Validate Unrevoked License

Post by Oleg »

Hi.

you should apply new license key into zmodeler asap, so you license is not banned! better choice is to remove both "codelib" files from "Shared" folder, start zm to let it autoupdate. then restart and open license window - let it download and validate license. then restart again.
Sir_Smashing

Post by Sir_Smashing »

Yes, I tried all that Oleg. I even uninstalled z modeller completely and downloaded and installed it again. I copied the license key into clipboard and held shift in the help menu of z modeller. But the same thing happened, after online verification, it said the license is expired, even though in my account it said I have 49 days left like I should. I tried again today, and the same thing happens, except now I only have 47 days left.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

revocation eats days on license, you should not mess with revocation on the same PC, its for transferring from old PC to a new one.

you should not copy +shift your key, an online validation have to perform everything automatically. I see your platform has logged in today, so it should be able to download your license key and validation properly. Once it downloads and validates. restart ZM. Since you have low days on license, zm will probably need an online check on each startup - just open License Information window, let online check pass and close license window - you will be able to open/import then.
Sir_Smashing

Post by Sir_Smashing »

I tried again today...exactly as you said. Start z-modeller, go to license information window and wait for online check to pass. It says license validity: expired, and verification: failed. It let me import/export but it doesn't work properly. When I import, nothing appears. And when I export, it creates files that are of no size (0 bytes) and they don't work when I try to import into OpenIV. There are no error messages in z-modeler when I import or export.

I can open old files that I know contain no errors, but when I try to import or export them z-modeller just creates nothing.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

have you tried to download fresh copy of 3.1.2 from the website? for me it looks like you are missing "codelib.zmx" file in "Shared" folder (deleted for some reason or by antivirus).
Sir_Smashing

Post by Sir_Smashing »

Yes I downloaded a new copy. And I tried twice with a fresh codelib.zmx file, I also tried without the file, but no success.