Cannot Activate License

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

MAST3RMiNi

Cannot Activate License

Post by MAST3RMiNi »

I have activated my trial license for ZModeler 3 and also selected to auto activate, but for some reason ZModeler 3 doesn't do anything when I put in my name and password to activate.
This is my Platform ID: 9H7RE-H2

I've tried revoking and re-activating to no avail as well. Maybe it's a server issue? All i know is nothing happens when I put in my credentials, restart Zmodeler 3 (with admin mode) and go to License Information.

Also, I can't post on the ZModeler 3 General Discussion forum.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Cannot Activate License

Post by Oleg »

Your license is activated. Your platform is assigned a password, but does not seem to go online, as it is marked as "never logged in" at the moment.

make sure your firewall settings allow zmodeler3.exe to go online (*.zmodeler3.com on http/port 80 and https/port 443). make sure zmodeler can reach updates server (the update spinning icon in a bottom of zmodeler window should change to [v]/ OK icon meaning no updates available). It is very preferable to start ZM as administrator, as network module works better with higher permissions level.

assign password onto your platform again and specify your password in zmodeler's account setup window again, to be sure it is 100% correct.
MAST3RMiNi

Post by MAST3RMiNi »

Oleg wrote:Your license is activated. Your platform is assigned a password, but does not seem to go online, as it is marked as "never logged in" at the moment.

make sure your firewall settings allow zmodeler3.exe to go online (*.zmodeler3.com on http/port 80 and https/port 443). make sure zmodeler can reach updates server (the update spinning icon in a bottom of zmodeler window should change to [v]/ OK icon meaning no updates available). It is very preferable to start ZM as administrator, as network module works better with higher permissions level.

assign password onto your platform again and specify your password in zmodeler's account setup window again, to be sure it is 100% correct.
Thanks for the fast response! I will try and see if it is my firewall settings. Good thinking! :D
MAST3RMiNi

Post by MAST3RMiNi »

Weird, It says no updates are available, and the ports were opened up, but yet it still won't do anything... I am sure I got my name and password right
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

assign password again in account. submit password to zmodeler's "account setup" too.
make sure you've activated license in account and see your license active with license key.
MAST3RMiNi

Post by MAST3RMiNi »

I've tried what was stated above, still cannot get it to work. Nothing happens after I switch to the license information tab. I made sure my credentials were the same as how I typed it on the login here, and I've applied a simple password to the license...
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Make sure your platform ID in account is exactly the same as in ZModeler.

Also, can your copy of ZModeler connect to updates server? You should see a spinning circle in the bottom of ZM screen (searching for updates) and then it should change to "Ok" icon (No updates available). If it keep spinning, ZM is unable to reach updates (and licensing) server. Make sure to start ZM as administrator.
MAST3RMiNi

Post by MAST3RMiNi »

Yes I am able to connect and update ZModeler. I have the blue checkmark and no updates are available. I have it always set to run as an administrator, but nothing happens...
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

then:
1. ensure your platform ID in account is exactly the same as in ZModeler
2. ensure you have activated license for this platform in account (and it shows in account as "Running on *****-**)
3. assign password onto your platform again and press Submit
4. specify your account name and platform password in ZModeler's "Account Setup" window, press Ok and restart ZM.

Note, when you open License Information window, your platform ID should be there immediately. If you see some lag or delay, this could be the cause too. Let me know if it delays to show your ID there.

Also, make sure your ZModeler folder is not write-protected or read-only. right-click on ZModeler folder, pick Properties, then untick "Read only" and press Ok.
MAST3RMiNi

Post by MAST3RMiNi »

It's weird, I followed all of the steps exactly, and changed my platform password to something a little easier, still no luck on this.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

what is your platform ID and account name?
MAST3RMiNi

Post by MAST3RMiNi »

9H7RE-H2
MASTERMiNi
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Hello.

Your platform "9H7RE-H2 is marked as "never logged in" in account as I see. You should assign password again and specify it in ZModeler's Account Setup window. I guess password is wrong.
davidcorona02

Post by davidcorona02 »

Does anyone know why i cant log into my account in the zmod account set up tab im trying to verify my license and when i put my info in and click okay nothing seems to happen can someone please help ?!?!?!
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

password field in "Account Setup" page is for platform password - the one you assign on "My computers" page.

You can verify whether your account/platform/license configuration is Ok or not by copying your license key in web account, then open License Information page in ZModeler, press and hold Shift key for 2-3 seconds. If you could see your license key appear in ZModeler, then account/platform/license are OK and you need an automatic online access to be configured to get license installed.

If your ZModeler can't reach license server (e.g. you see a spinning circle icon in the bottom of ZModeler window and it never stop spinning), then you should try a paid license, as only paid licenses could be installed manually in offline mode.
Willie

Post by Willie »

just bought zmod about and 1hr now and the platform is not activating in the appilcation
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Willie wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:08 pm just bought zmod about and 1hr now and the platform is not activating in the appilcation
You need to activate license for your platform ID in web account. Then assign password onto your platform ID on "My computers" page. Then run ZModeler as Administrator, open |Account Setup| page, specify your account name and platform password there. press OK and restart ZModeler again.
Willie

Post by Willie »

now i got logged out og my account and its tellng me about wrong password and i've tried to changed it about 5 times and even try making a new account and have the same problem
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Willie wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:34 am now i got logged out og my account and its tellng me about wrong password and i've tried to changed it about 5 times and even try making a new account and have the same problem
I can see you've logged to your account on august 15th. also, your license is active and your platform ID logged in to license sever today. Is your issue resolved to the moment?
pobsd

Post by pobsd »

i have followed all the steps but nothing happens when i press SHIFT. Aslo I have just activated my 60 days paid license only an hour ago but it say 59 days remains
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Hello.
Make sure your platform ID in web account is correct. a misspell will make it impossible to install license key.
Your platform ID is allowed to log in, but has never did so. I advice to assign password like 123456 onto your platform ID in web account, then run ZModeler as Administrator, open "Account Setup" page, specify your account name and platform password 123456 there, press OK and restart ZModeler as Administrator.

It is advised to put ZModeler folder NOT on system drive (prefer drive D: if possible). Add ZModeler folder into exclude list of your antivirus and mind to run ZModeler as Administrator.

Note, if you can see a spinning circle icon in the bottom of ZModeler window upon startup and it never stop spinning, then ZModeler is unable to reach updates server (and will be unable to reach license server too). In such a case you can install license manually only, using "Copy + Shift" method.
pobsd

Post by pobsd »

I have been trying this for last 4 hours, followed everything you said but still nothing happens, no online validation no SHIFT COPY method. I have a blue tick on zmodeler auto update menu in bottom right. I have tried turning off my antivirus, excluded zmodeler.exe from firewall, still nothing happens. I dont know if I will be able use my paid license or not but i just wanna ask you a question, why did you made activation so complicated!?
pobsd

Post by pobsd »

Z588C-PG that's my platform id
pobsd

Post by pobsd »

can i change platform id for my PC?
pobsd

Post by pobsd »

after several failed attempt finally it worked. I dont know how but when I have changed my keyboard and it worked :D