License failed

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

XxEpsilonxX

License failed

Post by XxEpsilonxX »

Hello,
I had a strange thing happen to me today after the newest patch. I installed it and was trying to export before I restarted zmodeler. I got a error saying it wouldnt allow me to export due to my license. Which I figured because I forgot to remove the other models with it. So I decided to restart then correct my error, but this time it wouldn't accept my trial license. It would try to connect it just stated "failed". I tried my license I bought and had the same problem. I went though all the suggestions throughout the forum that helped me get it to work before, but this time no luck.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: License failed

Post by Oleg »

It's recommended to remove CodeLib file(s) from Shared folder, start and update ZModeler. Then restart again and let it pass the automatic license download/validation.

ensure you have no "updates available" at startup after installation, meaning all updates downloaded and installed.
XxEpsilonxX

Re: License failed (SOLVED)

Post by XxEpsilonxX »

As I previously stated in my comments before. I have done that already numerous times, but I have done that again since you asked. Still nothing. I have redid the password to one only a moron would choose to not confuse your software, still nothing. I have done a fresh install, still nothing. New License, nothing................

As I stated before as well it was logging in fine for nearly a week before your last patch. After rebooting back in it was reading failed.

The only thing I can think of was my virus scan checked it out, but cleared it and the auto patch. I am at a complete lose of what else to do. Funny thing is that I can not use my license, but I noticed the time is still deducting from it while I wait to have any support look into the problem.

**Update** I think I found the problem. I store the program on a external source. I'm thinking when it patched it didn't transfer over properly to the flash drive. As soon as I did yet another fresh install, but this time on my desktop it worked immediately. Just thought I would pass that along in case someone else has a similar issue.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: License failed

Post by Oleg »

ZModeler requires to update and load "Codelib.dynamic" file located in "Shared" folder on each startup. Slow drive, or read-only protection, or any other blocking by antivirus software can cause ZModeler to start with no license loaded. It is recommended to put ZModeler into "C:\Program Files (x86)\ZModeler3" folder, as your "Desktop" folder can be protected by "Windows Defender" with above consequences.