[Guide] GTA4 to GTA5 Conversion Tutorial Videos

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
smoochy1993

Re: [Guide] GTA4 to GTA5 Conversion Tutorial Videos

Post by smoochy1993 »

this may be a stupid question but where did L0 L1 L2 go in the new update lol ?
madga182
Beginner

Post by madga182 »

To be honest I would rename the wheel mesh header to WHEEL_lf then click crest compound button , then lock button , then l0 and drag the whee mesh_lf underneath into the compound area then the same for l1 just click off lock and l0and repeat but with l1
19Legan81

Post by 19Legan81 »

madga182 wrote:To be honest I would rename the wheel mesh header to WHEEL_lf then click crest compound button , then lock button , then l0 and drag the whee mesh_lf underneath into the compound area then the same for l1 just click off lock and l0and repeat but with l1
Well that i know of, i have not come that far yet, the question is how can i set up wheel_rf, wheel_lr, wheel_rr? those were not with the model. i need to fit those dummys centered at the hubs, but there are not any hubs eighter. all i have is just one wheel_lf both at the model and the heriarchy. =/
P.S I know i have not set up compounds yet, because i need my wheels first =)

Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

if you have just one wheel geometry, create a copy of it, so you use the same geometry on L0 and L1 later in compound object of [wheel_lf].
19Legan81

Post by 19Legan81 »

Just select all on wheel_lf and make a copy then? How do i center them at the "hubs" mabye make new "hubs" as dummyhelper and try to center on front and rear wheelaxel?
smoochy1993

Post by smoochy1993 »

19Legan81 wrote:Just select all on wheel_lf and make a copy then? How do i center them at the "hubs" mabye make new "hubs" as dummyhelper and try to center on front and rear wheelaxel?

LOL i have this problem as well :/.. only a wheel_lf and no wheel_rf and wheel_rr
19Legan81

Post by 19Legan81 »

Well i do think i know how to do it, just select the wheel_lf and copy it 3 times and rename them to those wheel you need, and then place dummy on each hub and then just do the wheel COL as madga182 did in the tutorial. And ofcourse setup compound.
madga182
Beginner

Post by madga182 »

Essentially wheels are just dummie nodes , create three extra , and centre them to where the wheels would be and name them accordingly

Wheel_rf
Wheel_rr
Wheel_lr

And then go about creating cols like I did in my step three video

But make sure you compound the wheel_lf first
19Legan81

Post by 19Legan81 »

Thanks. But is it not optional to place brackets [...] Thats what i heard.
madga182
Beginner

Post by madga182 »

You have to place th brackets on the wheel that is compounded and the other wheels then take on this form of what's in the brackets
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

technically, an object with braces is saved as a separate geometry, while the rest is all merged into single geometry volume. making a wheel model to be a separate geometry allows the game to replace them easily. A separated object requires a collision associated with it, so availability of "wheel_lf [COL]" under [wheel_lf] is essential. Other wheel dummies should specify a wheel place position only. What the game will do with available wheel mesh and a given wheel locations is solely on behalf of the game. I guess is clones geometry onto each wheel position, but in truck models we might have different front and rear wheels, and game involves a bit different logic.

So, from a point of modding - put in braces the object that has geometry in it. what will happen in game - is a game's choice.
madga182
Beginner

Post by madga182 »

Is it required to have COLs on all wheel placements then , if what your saying is correct that the [Wheel_lf] duplicates for the others ?
smoochy1993

Post by smoochy1993 »

LOL i failed soo bad HAHA
Attachments
fuck.png
19Legan81

Post by 19Legan81 »

How can i get the car to fit ontop of the world, as it´s going through the vehicle right now and that makes the car not entereble in game and when i shoot window, a tire explodes =)
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

COLs are wrong I guess. start with chassis and wheels COLs only, and check the bodyshell/chassis objects in game to react properly onto shooting. then start adding COLs one by one and test each part you add: both shooting and contact with player / scenery objects. windows COL should be the latest to add and test, as these are usually the main cause of collision problems.
19Legan81

Post by 19Legan81 »

well i know now that i did not set up COL´s other than for the wheels, i just left the rest of the cols as they ar and not into compound. mabye if i delete all cols accept wheel col. just to see if i can enter vehicle?
19Legan81

Post by 19Legan81 »

I think that there is a problem with the original COL´s of the vehicle, because i tried to delete just the front driver door and window colission, i can´t enter the vehicle yet but when i shoot at it, it does´nt pop a tire (it popped where window was) it did when the colissions were on. so i found atleast one fault with it. The most prior COL´s
is chassis and wheels, to just test the car in game, am i right?

So i´ll just have to delete colissions until i can enter the vehicle. Or is it jus that simple that i dont have a front driverseat dummy? Is there a way to make my own new colissions for the vehicle, so it match gtaV?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

make sure you replace both model_hi.yft and model.yft as it looks according to your description the game confused by where each part located.
19Legan81

Post by 19Legan81 »

I did export as both model.yft and model_hi.yft. And replaced the venilla car with both. Well i just have to check the rest of the COL´s
19Legan81

Post by 19Legan81 »

http://i.imgur.com/Lduc8Pj.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TTl6Pgs.jpg

This is how it looks, I only have unticked every COL besides for wheelmesh. It loads well, but i cant get in the car.
I haven't set any id:s on parts only did as madgas182 showed in his last video,(i've don all three previous tutorials on the car) just textured it and in for a test. Do i need a driverseat dummy, so that the game knows where to put player? because i did not see that in the tutorials?
19Legan81

Post by 19Legan81 »

SOLVED: I did just put a seat_dside_f dummy, and he entered immidiatly =)
SeriousKnowledge

Post by SeriousKnowledge »

Does anyone have an idea about what's going on here? Somehow the LODs are in different locations, and dragging just messes things up further.
Attachments
WTF.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

dismiss your compound and reset axes on all geometry components. Each geometry component of a compound should have the same axes as the compound itself.
The suggested way is to create a dummy for compound, put it into proper location (in case of chassis it should be in default 0,0,0 point), then move all components into children of this dummy, then use Display\Local Axes\Reset to Parent tool and click on each component, so it resets axes to make the exactly the same as on parent dummy. Once you do this, you can safely convert dummy to compound and drag items into it's L0, L1...
SeriousKnowledge

Post by SeriousKnowledge »

Thanks for the reply, Oleg. But it would seem that every object already thinks that it's in the right spot. Most of the chassis nodes are at 0, but the outlines are off. And trying to align them manually is a nightmare.

Here's what I'm talking about:

https://i.gyazo.com/d1933070c4e200a8237 ... 3943da.gif