ZModeler3 is available for download on the main site or can be upgraded fully via embedded autoupdate. Downloading an entire package is strongly recommended, so you get a properly-configured version at once. This is essentially a security upgrade version, as licensing server have been upgraded to validate the most recent versions only.
An additional constrain to licenses have been applied: your license have to be validated at startup via online validation. You should enable and configure online validation as shown in this guide. Long term licenses (6 month and above) can be stored locally with validation, so ZModeler can run on such a licenses in offline. If you certainly need ZModeler to run in offline mode and online validation does not suit your needs, you should get a long term license. I apologize for this limitation. From this version on, short term licenses (including trial) can be run with online validation at startup, so this is now considered as default startup scenario.
For security reasons, ZModeler might not trust to installed license (even long term license), or it might not like the date set on your computer for some reason. In such a case, it will bump you an About window at each startup meaning you need to enable online validation to run your license. This behavior might change after some time when ZModeler will find your license running smoothly and trusty (it might take weeks in some cases).
Updates and bugfixes
- Scene elements could be selected in Hierarchy view bu holding ALT key and clicking on checkmark (visibility) icon.
- UV Render tolerance changed, so very small UV triangles are rendered too
- Drag&drop assignment of component parts (geometries and splines) will transform geometry, so axes alignment is not a must now
- Several shader definitions added to GTA filter and it's materials configuration script.
- GTA5 .ydr files on import can set a user-defined property on topmost entry in a hierarchy view named "Base". It can contain two values. Purpose is unknown, you can assign the same values prior to export your *.ydr file. Property is essential for non-skeleton exports.
- Fixed bug in loading corrupt meshes in .z3d loader. Meshes could miss some geometry, but will not crash ZModeler on files open command.
Direct Download link.
Download ZModeler 3.1.1 (10.1Mb)
ZModeler3 requires additional Microsoft redistributive libraries to be installed prior running ZModeler3 on your system. Download vcredist_x86.exe package from Microsoft website. Note, since ZModeler is 32-bit application, you need a 32-bit x86 version of these libraries only.
Also, it's strongly recommended to install DirectX9c June 2010 Redistributive package: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=8109