GTA 5: ZModeler3 import/export plugin (Now available)

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderator: Oleg

Oleg
Site Admin

GTA 5: ZModeler3 import/export plugin (Now available)

Post by Oleg »

The plugin is available for ZModeler3 only.

Please head up to Grand Theft Auto V subforum in ZModeler3 Discussion forum, as this filter is not related to ZModeler2 product!

Aug.10 An import-export filter is now available in ZModeler 3.1.0. This temporary research and info topic can be obsolete now, do not rely on info posted here.

Aug.6 Import-only filter was released several days ago. An exporter is under a testing. The overal model and collision seems to be Ok on export, but the unknown part of "cracking glass logic" is not yet known. The exported model suffers of glass objects to be non-breakable and not reacting to bullet tracing. A series of replacement tests is in a run on "cracking glass data", but I can't yet determine how this feature is implemented. In some tests it looks like re-triangulation of geometry with removing of some triangles (shot holes), in other tests in looks like clip-volume drawing. The crack data is bounded to original object position, size and surface, so it is impossible to use original crack data on newly-created mods (at least it will not fit properly to my opinion).

Jul.17 An in-place tryout tests are in progress. This is a series of tests that involves replacement of original (unknown) data with some commonly observed values or with test values to evaluate the purpose of unknown areas of the model file. Export code have been equipped with scene examination and validation code, so an "exporter" explores the scene and locates objects, dummies and collisions in scene. This is a preparation part of the code, as collected data can't be exported. I just verify whether my scene setup considerations are working properly: importer creates the scene from file, exporter collects data for export from scene. This part looks fine to me currently. The series of tests mentioned above is intended to help me fill the gaps in model format, so I could be able to try to export collected geometry. This is expected to be something like you've seen on the web where "ydr" (drawable geometry part) models are exported and injected into the game. This is quite FAR from vehicle model exportation and injection, but it's a major step forward.

Jul.10 Vehicle-specific shaders were ported and explored. Some unknown aspects will be cleared-out when it could be possible to make export and test in game. General scene setup is polished out. Physics is poorly known. Smashing-glass code is located but not decoded yet.

Jun.17 "Drawable" (*.ydr, *.ydd and the main part of *.yft) are generally decoded. Materials and their setup is under exploration. Shaders and their variety could be seen in "common.rpf -> shaders -> win32_40_final". Those "vehicle_*" are related to cars/bikes/boats/planes, the rest is not used in vehicles. Currently aiming to port vehicle-specific shaders only, the rest will come up later.

Apr.21 Static models / "Drawable" (*.ydr) are under exploration. Overall geometry layout seems to be clear, but a lot of small details are not yet defined.

Apr.17 Model/Texture packing checked and confirmed to be LZ. Unpacking/repacking is considered to be possible. Entire model format research to come next.

Apr.16 Game have been downloaded, installed and activated. OpenIV for model unpacking have been downloaded. Model/Texture packing method is currently unknown.

Do not create new threads related to GTA5, you can post in this thread if you find something interesting in game files and on the web or other forums.
Attachments
Dirt mapped vehicle example. Emissive lights (tail lights) are all drawn as toggled on, the game toggles them using script+shader. The license plate has a "font" overlay in top-left part, the game will use script+shader to chop some letters and digits into the middle of license plate.
Dirt mapped vehicle example. Emissive lights (tail lights) are all drawn as toggled on, the game toggles them using script+shader. The license plate has a "font" overlay in top-left part, the game will use script+shader to chop some letters and digits into the middle of license plate.
Snow-brushed vehicle example.
Snow-brushed vehicle example.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: GTA 5: ZModeler3 import/export plugin (NOT AVAILABLE)

Post by Oleg »

Somebody, send me please (attach here) a couple of XBOX *.xtd (texture packs) *.xdr (model) files. E.g., adder.xft + adder.xtd
I would like to compare them against pc version yft and ytd
emad-tvk

Post by emad-tvk »

Here you are the adder files
Attachments
adder.rar
gta v xbox360 adder
(561.29 KiB) Downloaded 3438 times
You live in present, future is mine...
www.GEdit.ir
Thiiagoolost

Re: GTA5: .YFT import filter in ZModeler ?

Post by Thiiagoolost »

Oleg wrote:There will be no plugins for ZModeler2 product as this version is no longer evaluating.
then the future will be plugins for ZModeler 3?
Have any date for the plugin to import and export GTA 5 cars?
Thank
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I want this work to be done in a high quality, so it would not go fast. probably, half a year if everything goes fine. :oops:

If you want a model ripper, an OpenIV is expected to come up with model viewing and model extraction feature soon.
Switch Designs

Post by Switch Designs »

Oleg wrote:I want this work to be done in a high quality, so it would not go fast. probably, half a year if everything goes fine. :oops:

If you want a model ripper, an OpenIV is expected to come up with model viewing and model extraction feature soon.
Hey Oleg long time no see...

I can't wait for Open IV to allow any type of editing of the .rpf files at this point there are so many modding possibilities with just that option to import a model back into a .rpf file even if it was a Rockstar model file like what I did in GTAIV by taking a prop model and texture files of a severed head that I found in the game and renamed them grenade and replaced the grenade weapon files with my new ones and presto you have severed head grenades. There are a lot of props in this game I'd love to turn into new weapons.

What I came here to comment on was that time frame you just hit us with (half of a year) I was wondering since it is going to take that long for cars to be editable in Zmodeler3 and a proper plugin to be made to edit them is it possible for you to maybe start with something easier to get us going like say maybe a weapon plugin? I mean cars are great but if we could at least edit weapons and make our own custom made 3d models as weapon mods it would make it a lot easier for us to wait for the car filter. (skateboard bat go go lol.)

I mean weapon models have to be easier to build a plugin for than a plugin for editing a whole car right?

Well thanks for hearing me out. You have always been someone that I have admired and I sincerely appreciate all of the hard work that you do because without amazing and talented people like you modding GTA and many other games would not exist the way modding does today.

Switch Designs of http://www.gtaforlife.com

If you could manage to do this for us modders we would all appreciate it.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Weapons (like in gta4 .wdr) are in *.ydr files that are expected to be import/exported by OpenIV very soon. these are way more simpler format to explore, so OpenIV would hit here first.
Switch Designs

Post by Switch Designs »

Oleg wrote:Weapons (like in gta4 .wdr) are in *.ydr files that are expected to be import/exported by OpenIV very soon. these are way more simpler format to explore, so OpenIV would hit here first.
Lmfao ok so I'm doing some google searches for modding stuff and I run across this thread where we modders and fans were trying to help you Oleg create the GTA SA filters so very funny... I sound so young compared to what I know now and damn Oleg did you sound like the genius you are... Hell yes...

http://forum.zmodeler2.com/viewtopic.ph ... ec99dc41d2 It's a funny read through.

And look at me still asking you to make weapons work before cars lmfao.
Automan
Beginner

Post by Automan »

With Open IV you can extract files from GTA V PC:
The 3D files are not xtd but ytd, and texture files are ytd, and not xtd.
(But this is not a problem, Open IV extracts already textures).
In the PC version (and XB1/PS4) are exclusive vehicles, and the interior high-poly ... :?
Murrchachosa

Post by Murrchachosa »

How's the progress, Oleg? Is it difficult? Once import is available, will you reelase the import-only filter?
I'd love to convert some GTAV cars to GTASA.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I haven't yet explored vehicle model files, since I decided to check the static model files first: ydr, ex- .wdr
The very pleasant thing is I find an overal inheritance of format layout philosophy with gta4 model files. Despite a lot of changes here and there, the overal idea behind is very the same.

There are two major problems on research roadmap currently: the unavailable re-export of files into the game, so I can't change bits and bytes in original model and pack them back to see relevant visual changes (it's very useful when some unknown spaces are left and can't be evaluated logically). The second problem is that I can't play my copy of GTA, as it crashes in some minutes (I've started it only twice, and suspect overheating of my hardware). When direct messing with the game will be needed by resolving problem #1, I'll check up what is wrong with problem #2.

Concerning the progress, I can't write down that certain step is cleared and finished, as I dig in wide of aspects of the file simultaneously. Currently (I guess) static .ydr models could be imported (no import code was written yet, but the data layout seems to be well-defined). But this intermediate filter will not be released, it will be used for research, dumping and exploration of game content.
aaro4130

Post by aaro4130 »

Sweet! Can't wait to see the wireframes of some PC models :)

Post by Guest »

Oleg wrote:Weapons (like in gta4 .wdr) are in *.ydr files that are expected to be import/exported by OpenIV very soon. these are way more simpler format to explore, so OpenIV would hit here first.
Ok Oleg OpenIV has made editing possible so we really need them model plugins now lol pretty pretty please with cherries on top I'll even buy a year of zmodeler3 and I'm sure many others would too.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Guest wrote:
Ok Oleg OpenIV has made editing possible so we really need them model plugins now lol pretty pretty please with cherries on top I'll even buy a year of zmodeler3 and I'm sure many others would too.
+1. I've already bought a license, just need a reason to use it :D
erlog

Post by erlog »

Guest wrote:
Thumbs up to that! :D
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

the plugin is under development whilst format is under research still.
backpants

Will GTA 5 model support be added?

Post by backpants »

I was just thinking about Zmodeler 2 and how it had options to import wft (Models), what if you could import wft --> (GTA 4) and GTA 5's YDD models.
And there's more maybe add the DFF feature in Zmodeler 3 yes i know GTA san andreas is old but imagine the possibilitys, The founder of Zmodeler could make loads of money because no one has made a program for importing YDD files, and yes i know it's hard work to make but it's just a idea.

Tell me what you think...
fggfdggdsdsg.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Will GTA 5 model support be added?

Post by Oleg »

OpenIV will be equipped with ydr/ydd import/export quite shortly I think. As ydr/ydd files do not seem to be complex, an import/export ability seems to be quite possible. The vehicle and player/ped models (yft) are more complex. As far as I know, OpenIV has an import/export feature for GTA4 .wft models too, so guys over there are quite skilled on this subject.

Concerning the original question, the GTA5 models support is currently under development. My copy of GTA5 seems to crash randomly, while model format research (especially the test of exported models) requires a lot of in-game testing, so I've stuck with just exploring and examining phase to the moment. I hope the stability issue to get resolved, so I could move on. Currently, I do my best on exploration of model data making some considerations and preparations.

.wft, .wdr and .wdd model import/export is not yet planned to be ported into ZModeler3, as these formats are very alike to GTA5 but use slightly different data layout. This makes data management messy in attempt to support both versions (GTA4 and GTA5) at a time. Additionally, GTA5 scene and materials setup is quite complex and sensitive, so an effort and some work in ZModeler3 will be required to prepare the model export. Known that, it's no matter how you get your scene/vehicle loaded into ZModeler3 (I mean, no need for GTA4, GTASA filters in ZModeler3), you need a model to be converted/prepared and materials adjusted/configured before you export. The workflow as I see it could be: Import into ZModeler2, save as .z3d, load this file in ZModeler3, make preparations/configuration and export.

P.S. I"m removing the poll from your post and merging this with the pinned thread.

Re: Will GTA 5 model support be added?

Post by Guest »

Oleg wrote:OpenIV will be equipped with ydr/ydd import/export quite shortly I think. As ydr/ydd files do not seem to be complex, an import/export ability seems to be quite possible. The vehicle and player/ped models (yft) are more complex. As far as I know, OpenIV has an import/export feature for GTA4 .wft models too, so guys over there are quite skilled on this subject.

Concerning the original question, the GTA5 models support is currently under development. My copy of GTA5 seems to crash randomly, while model format research (especially the test of exported models) requires a lot of in-game testing, so I've stuck with just exploring and examining phase to the moment. I hope the stability issue to get resolved, so I could move on. Currently, I do my best on exploration of model data making some considerations and preparations.

.wft, .wdr and .wdd model import/export is not yet planned to be ported into ZModeler3, as these formats are very alike to GTA5 but use slightly different data layout. This makes data management messy in attempt to support both versions (GTA4 and GTA5) at a time. Additionally, GTA5 scene and materials setup is quite complex and sensitive, so an effort and some work in ZModeler3 will be required to prepare the model export. Known that, it's no matter how you get your scene/vehicle loaded into ZModeler3 (I mean, no need for GTA4, GTASA filters in ZModeler3), you need a model to be converted/prepared and materials adjusted/configured before you export. The workflow as I see it could be: Import into ZModeler2, save as .z3d, load this file in ZModeler3, make preparations/configuration and export.

P.S. I"m removing the poll from your post and merging this with the pinned thread.
This is great news thanks Oleg for all of your hard work.

I too have been playing with OpenIV now that it has an edit .rpf function and have created the first Skateboard mod for GTA V by taking a model I found in one .rpf of a Skateboard that I found, renaming it and replacing the Hatchet weapon with it. Now skaters around the world can beat people with a skateboard. It has embedded textures too so there wasn't even a needed for me to replace the Hatchets .ytd file ^.^ embedded textures sound fun.

I have the mod posted up at http://www.gtaforlife.com if anyone is curious.

Thanks again Oleg for your hard work we all really appreciate it!
Automan
Beginner

Post by Automan »

Having files .yft in import on ZM2 would be ideal for conversion to GTA-SA. :D
emad-tvk

Post by emad-tvk »

Automan wrote:Having files .yft in import on ZM2 would be ideal for conversion to GTA-SA. :D
You can import to zm3, save as old z3d or export as obj or another format to be importable in zm2 , then start converting to sa
You live in present, future is mine...
www.GEdit.ir
Automan
Beginner

Post by Automan »

Certainly, having ZM3 the problem does not arise. :)
Alvarez

Re: GTA 4 and 5 import/export options for ZM 3

Post by Alvarez »

Sorry i couldn't reply earlier, i hope the latest GTA5 updates or the support have solved your issues. Did you have a retail copy? I had encountered no such issue with Steam version.

I dropped by to show you this interesting topic about NTAuthority having been able to import a custom model (Statue of Happiness from GTAIV) in GTA 5.
http://gtaforums.com/topic/792939-anyon ... happiness/

Maybe you could take a look at it.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: GTA 4 and 5 import/export options for ZM 3

Post by Oleg »

gta5 model format is under exploration now by different teams/individuals. I'm exploring it too. I've got the game installed finally and ran it once. it crashed after 15 mins when I drove the first car, I guess it's an overheating issue. when i'll need an export testing, i'll inspect this issue too, it's way too early to talk about this currently.

the model format has overal inheritance with gtaiv, so general idea of model layout is still the same. loading/ripping models is quite possible, but making a good working exported model is a tricky task. E.g. the simple drawable model (wdr/ydr) can include a collision data and/or rendering visibility optimization data that exported model could suffer to produce. as a result performance penalty is the minimum of drawback we might get.

"fragment model" (wft/yft) are even more complex as include dynamic physics model. it seem to become more complex than in gtaiv, taking in consideration gtaiv physics model was badly explored, we've got a lot of work on this direction now.

I'm merging your post with the main gta5 discussion topic.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

crap! I get AppCrash on gta during start up and can't get rid of it... dropped out installation of openiv, reinstalled gta5 and still no luck. safe mode drops to err_gfx_d3d_init that seems to be a wide spread problem around.