ZM3 PlatformID issue

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

ajspeed12

ZM3 PlatformID issue

Post by ajspeed12 »

I've followed the instructions on applying for free trial but im stuck trying to add my computer as a platform.
when i go into about- license information it says following:
ZM3.jpg
when i enter this into the add new platform section i get the following message:
ZM3 account.jpg
I've read over the tutorial afew times to make sure i havent missed anything but i'm stumped.

Any help would be most appreciated

Andrew
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: ZM3 PlatformID issue

Post by Oleg »

Make sure you use the latest ZModeler build (August 22nd)

USUAL-PC is not an ID of your computer. It's an unidentified computer. You can not get or apply license for unidentified platform.
ajspeed12

Post by ajspeed12 »

Hey Oleg thanks for the fast reply.

I've only d/l and installed it in the last two hours via the zm2 site.
About.jpg
Folder.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

ZMod3 might not work on some laptop hardware or when run on virtual machine.

By the way, are you familiar with rFactor2 modding? a new GMT filter is in the works for rF2 at the moment, but I don't have the game for tests...
ajspeed12

Post by ajspeed12 »

ok thanks for the reply i'll try ZM3 on another computer and see if i have any luck. I'm afraid i havent looked into rfactor2, it isnt of interest to me atm when the game is officially released i'll probably look into it, sorry.
thinkers

Post by thinkers »

Oleg wrote:Make sure you use the latest ZModeler build (August 22nd)

USUAL-PC is not an ID of your computer. It's an unidentified computer. You can not get or apply license for unidentified platform.
H Oleg, I'm trying to find or apply a platform ID to my modeller 3 licence and all I'm getting is USUAL-PC. I'm running my windows platform on a Mac via Parallels, so could this be an issue why I'm not seeing a correct platform ID? otherwise I could try to install it all on an actual PC

Regards Iain at Brains Design Sydney