Importing issue?

ZModeler2-related discussion. General questions, howto, etc.

Moderators: Oleg, _RicH_

Importing issue?

Postby MindLess Ghost » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:25 pm

Having this issue while trying to import the model to Zmod, but if I import it into GTA SA it runs just fine?
MindLess Ghost

Re: Importing issue?

Postby Oleg » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:56 am

may be it is made out of several dff files where missing parts are configued as upgrades? hide all objects and start ticking them on in hierarchy view one by one. check out whther you have a wind_* objects, if you do, toggle them on and see whether anything appears or not. you can also check properties of wing_* object to find out whether it is geometry (with some verts and polygons) or just a dummy. "wing" is just an example, as I don't see them on screenshot.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby MindLess Ghost » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:22 am

Oleg wrote:may be it is made out of several dff files where missing parts are configued as upgrades? hide all objects and start ticking them on in hierarchy view one by one. check out whther you have a wind_* objects, if you do, toggle them on and see whether anything appears or not. you can also check properties of wing_* object to find out whether it is geometry (with some verts and polygons) or just a dummy. "wing" is just an example, as I don't see them on screenshot.

For some reason it's missing the chassis, when I unselect everything and select chassis I only get this. Also when I select the boot I can see that the Vertex has been all twisted.
MindLess Ghost

Postby Oleg » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:51 am

this could be caused by using an unlocker or something like that. the model have been probably locked initially and then unlocked with some tools. I don't see any other reason for the model to be loaded in such a corrupt condition.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby MindLess Ghost » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:30 am

Oleg wrote:this could be caused by using an unlocker or something like that. the model have been probably locked initially and then unlocked with some tools. I don't see any other reason for the model to be loaded in such a corrupt condition.

I just imported it to 3DS Max and it loaded fine. So I guess I'll export to .3ds and load it into Zmod that way and replace all the textures and such test it make sure it works, then convert it to GTA IV, then V. Thanks Oleg.
MindLess Ghost

Return to ZModeler2 General Discussion