ZModeler v2.2.6 (08 November 2011)

ZModeler2-related discussion. General questions, howto, etc.

Moderator: Oleg

Tattoo

Re: ZModeler v2.2.6 (08 November 2011)

Post by Tattoo »

Nope. I installed all of the updates and still get the same error message.

Any other suggestions, Oleg? I guess I can stick with v255 since there isn't much difference from it to v226. Oh well.
Reinhard
Beginner

Post by Reinhard »

Did you also tried the ATL update? The last link was for the MFC update. You may need both.

If not already done, try this: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... n&id=14431

Zmodeler will need the 32-bit version even on a 64 bit system, so vcredist_x86.exe is the correct choice.
Tattoo

Post by Tattoo »

Reinhard wrote:Did you also tried the ATL update? The last link was for the MFC update. You may need both.

If not already done, try this: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... n&id=14431

Zmodeler will need the 32-bit version even on a 64 bit system, so vcredist_x86.exe is the correct choice.
What is the ATL update? From the link you posted, I installed both 32bit and 64bit versions and updated DirectX as well.. The first one, vcredist_IA64.exe, would not install. Said it wasn't for my system type.

What last link that is for the MFC update are you talking about? Not sure what ya mean.

I don't have a lot of other stuff installed either that I can think of giving a problem. The 4 largest are Max 2010-09, Photoshop CS5 and ACDSee. Games are MSTS, OpenRails, Locomotion, 18 WOS and FullTilt Poker. I can't think of anything else that would cause a problem. All the rest are small programs.

Thanks for the suggestions. If I can't get it going, no biggie. Version 255 works fine and it doesn't sound like there was much changed that would effect what I do so it'll be fine. Thanks any ways...
Reinhard
Beginner

Post by Reinhard »

If you follow the links:
"Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package ATL Security Update / A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system with Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package."

"Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update / A security issue has been identified leading to MFC application vulnerability your Windows-based system with Visual C++ 2005 Redist."

I don't mind the real background. Several people reported success after installing both, that's why I suggested it.
From the link you posted, I installed both 32bit and 64bit versions and updated DirectX as well.. The first one, vcredist_IA64.exe, would not install. Said it wasn't for my system type.
IA64 is for intel 64 bit, you probably have an AMD CPU.
What last link that is for the MFC update are you talking about? Not sure what ya mean.
Posted a few postings back, by a Oleg.
Tattoo

Post by Tattoo »

Thanks for the explanation, Reinhard. I'm not sure what those are for or do so I won't mess with them for now. I did all the updates from Windows update so my system should be up to date. I don't have an AMD cpu either. I'll never buy another. I got a Dell Studio 540. Processor is this; Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz with 8 gig ram and a GeForce 980GT. If the IA file is for Intel CPUs, it should have installed on my system then. Whatever. I'm fine with v255 for now. Thanks again for the info, Reinhard. Happy holidays...
Reinhard
Beginner

Post by Reinhard »

Seems these files aren't installed by auto-update. I always have an up to date system, but had to install this stuff by hand.

Anyway. If you want to use a more recent version of Zmodeler later on, for whatever reason, you should try this. Happy holidays, as well.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I wasn't updating my system (XP) for monthes even thought it reported that updates are ready to install. I've seen that certain updates relate to "Microst Visual Studio ....." and I was sure this will affect builds of ZModeler. So I kept ZModeler 2.2.5 unaffected of recent updates that were released by Microsoft.

But since then I've started ZModeler3 development and installed all pending updates (I didn't planned to make any zmod2 releases). However, certain changes were made and zmodeler2 version release was a must. So, a version increase was made (2.2.6) - in this subject it was solely reflecting that this build requires additional microsoft libraries installation, but not a generaly heavy improve to ZModeler. So, 2.2.6 is natively exacly the same as 2.2.5, but it's affected by recent MS libraries updates.

My bad, I can't say what exacly need to be updated; I just installed pending auto updates and my software got eventually affected by these misterious libraries it requires to run.
Tattoo

Post by Tattoo »

Oleg wrote:My bad, I can't say what exacly need to be updated; I just installed pending auto updates and my software got eventually affected by these misterious libraries it requires to run.
That's cool, Oleg, but it's hard to believe that I'm the only person having this problem with windows 7 so it leads me to believe that it's a different problem. I'm going to try one more thing. There are other updates I that aren't important and weren't installed. I'll install them and see if it works then. I took a screen shot of the list to show in case this helps and someone else has the same problem. I'll report back as soon as they're installed.

EDIT: After installing all of these updates I still get the same error message so I'm thinking the problem is something else because my system in all up to date. Since you run XP, Oleg, do you have Internet Explorer 9? I'm asking because there is an update to bring mine to version 9 but I don't like it and don't want to install it. But if you have it, I'll try it to see if Zmodeller works then but I really don't want to because I don't like how it works.
glenn52

Post by glenn52 »

I've done the update things for this install but continue to get the side-by-side error, is there a link to 2.2.5??
Last edited by glenn52 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reinhard
Beginner

Post by Reinhard »

Not at the usual place. But I think Oleg will update the archive and spend you a new link soon.

But this is really curious. With all these MFC and ATL 32-bit security updates installed manually, I'm able to start Zmodeler 2.2.6 without a hitch on my VISTA 64-bit PC and my 32-bit Win 7 notebook.
AlysonBR

Post by AlysonBR »

Boa Noite a todos primeiramente eu queria da os parabeens ao Oleg e aos demais por ta fazendo coisas que antes parecia impossivel.
Oleg uma pergunta cara infelizmente aqui no Brasil as coisas são Dificeis. para mim o zmodeler que eu tenho era bom e tal. e a versão 2.08 poxa era super feliz porque até então so fazia carros para o GTA San Andreas mais as coisas vão evoluindo e acabei descobrindo carros para o NFS2 poxa fiquei ancioso; vou fazer um para mim ai começei a fazer fiz o carro a roda a FRENTE tuning tava tudo pronto os dummy eu peguei de outro carro que vem no example junto com o NFS2 tolls você sabe qual é ne, so que meu zmodeler parece que salva so a metade do *z3d não importa arquivos *bin nem exporta *OBJ traduzindo o meu Zmodeler e aqueles que o cara edita a chave ou algo do tipo ai eu ainda so leigo no assunto e o Geometry compile so importa arquivos *z3d ou *obj ai fica dificil de fazer. to afim de baixar o 2.2.6 e comprar o registro so quero saber com você o seguinte eu comprando o registro meus problemas que eu citei acima vão se resolver ?

I am Brazilian I am very good with English so please Oleg moderator or other results in the google translator
glenn52

Side-By-Side Configuration Is Incorrect

Post by glenn52 »

I continue to struggle with this side-by-side issue on my laptop.
Here is my sxstrace log:

Code: Select all

=================
Begin Activation Context Generation.
Input Parameter:
	Flags = 0
	ProcessorArchitecture = Wow32
	CultureFallBacks = en-US;en
	ManifestPath = C:\Program Files (x86)\ZModeler225\ZModeler2.exe
	AssemblyDirectory = C:\Program Files (x86)\ZModeler225\
	Application Config File = 
-----------------
INFO: Parsing Manifest File C:\Program Files (x86)\ZModeler225\ZModeler2.exe.
	INFO: Manifest Definition Identity is (null).
	INFO: Reference: Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls,language="*",processorArchitecture="X86",publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df",type="Win32",version="6.0.0.0"
	INFO: Reference: Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4053"
	INFO: Reference: Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4053"
INFO: Resolving reference Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls,language="*",processorArchitecture="X86",publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df",type="Win32",version="6.0.0.0".
	INFO: Resolving reference for ProcessorArchitecture WOW64.
		INFO: Resolving reference for culture en-US.
			INFO: Applying Binding Policy.
				INFO: No publisher policy found.
				INFO: No binding policy redirect found.
			INFO: Begin assembly probing.
				INFO: Did not find the assembly in WinSxS.
				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls\6.0.0.0_en-US_6595b64144ccf1df\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.DLL.
				INFO: Did not find manifest for culture en-US.
			INFO: End assembly probing.
		INFO: Resolving reference for culture en.
				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls\6.0.0.0_en_6595b64144ccf1df\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.DLL.
				INFO: Did not find manifest for culture en.
		INFO: Resolving reference for culture Neutral.
				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls\6.0.0.0__6595b64144ccf1df\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.DLL.
				INFO: Did not find manifest for culture Neutral.
	INFO: Resolving reference for ProcessorArchitecture x86.
				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls\6.0.0.0_en-US_6595b64144ccf1df\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.DLL.
				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls\6.0.0.0_en_6595b64144ccf1df\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.DLL.
				INFO: Auto Servicing Policy redirected assembly version.
				INFO: Post policy assembly identity is Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df",type="Win32",version="6.0.7601.17514".
				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2.manifest.
				INFO: Manifest found at C:\windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2.manifest.
INFO: Resolving reference Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.mui,language="*",processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df",type="Win32",version="6.0.7601.17514".
				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.mui\6.0.7601.17514_en-US_6595b64144ccf1df\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.mui.DLL.
				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.mui\6.0.7601.17514_en_6595b64144ccf1df\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.mui.DLL.
				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.mui\6.0.7601.17514_en-US_6595b64144ccf1df\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.mui.DLL.
				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.mui\6.0.7601.17514_en_6595b64144ccf1df\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.mui.DLL.
INFO: Resolving reference Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4053".
				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.VC80.CRT\8.0.50727.4053__1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.DLL.
				INFO: Find publisher policy at C:\windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_policy.8.0.microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4940_none_516d712b0f495a45.manifest
				INFO: Publisher Policy redirected assembly version.
				INFO: Post policy assembly identity is Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4940".
				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4940_none_d08cc06a442b34fc.manifest.
				INFO: Manifest found at C:\windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4940_none_d08cc06a442b34fc.manifest.
INFO: Resolving reference Microsoft.VC80.CRT.mui,language="*",processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4940".
				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.mui\8.0.50727.4940_en-US_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.mui.DLL.
				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.mui\8.0.50727.4940_en_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.mui.DLL.
				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.mui\8.0.50727.4940_en-US_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.mui.DLL.
				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.mui\8.0.50727.4940_en_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.mui.DLL.
INFO: Resolving reference Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4053".
				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.VC80.MFC\8.0.50727.4053__1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b\Microsoft.VC80.MFC.DLL.
				INFO: Find publisher policy at C:\windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_policy.8.0.microsoft.vc80.mfc_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_none_8a14c0566bec5b24.manifest
				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.VC80.MFC\8.0.50727.4053__1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b\Microsoft.VC80.MFC.DLL.
				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Program Files (x86)\ZModeler225\Microsoft.VC80.MFC.DLL.
				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Program Files (x86)\ZModeler225\Microsoft.VC80.MFC.MANIFEST.
				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Program Files (x86)\ZModeler225\Microsoft.VC80.MFC\Microsoft.VC80.MFC.DLL.
				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Program Files (x86)\ZModeler225\Microsoft.VC80.MFC\Microsoft.VC80.MFC.MANIFEST.
	ERROR: Cannot resolve reference Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4053".
ERROR: Activation Context generation failed.
End Activation Context Generation.

=================
Begin Activation Context Generation.
Input Parameter:
	Flags = 0
	ProcessorArchitecture = Wow32
	CultureFallBacks = en-US;en
	ManifestPath = C:\Program Files (x86)\ZModeler225\ZModeler2.exe
	AssemblyDirectory = C:\Program Files (x86)\ZModeler225\
	Application Config File = 
-----------------
INFO: Parsing Manifest File C:\Program Files (x86)\ZModeler225\ZModeler2.exe.
	INFO: Manifest Definition Identity is (null).
	INFO: Reference: Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls,language="*",processorArchitecture="X86",publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df",type="Win32",version="6.0.0.0"
	INFO: Reference: Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4053"
	INFO: Reference: Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4053"
INFO: Resolving reference Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls,language="*",processorArchitecture="X86",publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df",type="Win32",version="6.0.0.0".
				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls\6.0.0.0__6595b64144ccf1df\Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.DLL.
				INFO: Auto Servicing Policy redirected assembly version.
				INFO: Post policy assembly identity is Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df",type="Win32",version="6.0.7601.17514".
				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2.manifest.
				INFO: Manifest found at C:\windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2.manifest.
INFO: Resolving reference Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.mui,language="*",processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df",type="Win32",version="6.0.7601.17514".
INFO: Resolving reference Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4053".
				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.VC80.CRT\8.0.50727.4053__1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.DLL.
				INFO: Find publisher policy at C:\windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_policy.8.0.microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4940_none_516d712b0f495a45.manifest
				INFO: Publisher Policy redirected assembly version.
				INFO: Post policy assembly identity is Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4940".
				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4940_none_d08cc06a442b34fc.manifest.
				INFO: Manifest found at C:\windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4940_none_d08cc06a442b34fc.manifest.
INFO: Resolving reference Microsoft.VC80.CRT.mui,language="*",processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4940".
INFO: Resolving reference Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4053".
				INFO: Find publisher policy at C:\windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_policy.8.0.microsoft.vc80.mfc_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_none_8a14c0566bec5b24.manifest
				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Program Files (x86)\ZModeler225\Microsoft.VC80.MFC.DLL.
				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Program Files (x86)\ZModeler225\Microsoft.VC80.MFC.MANIFEST.
				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Program Files (x86)\ZModeler225\Microsoft.VC80.MFC\Microsoft.VC80.MFC.DLL.
				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Program Files (x86)\ZModeler225\Microsoft.VC80.MFC\Microsoft.VC80.MFC.MANIFEST.
	ERROR: Cannot resolve reference Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4053".
ERROR: Activation Context generation failed.
End Activation Context Generation.
I resurrected a copy of ZModeler 224 and get the error with that
I have carefully followed the advice here (and elsewhere) re this issue but still suffer the error

Any ideas????
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Looks like you are missing a pretty old update. here's a link:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... n&id=14431

download and install vcredist_x86.exe package.
reckless112

Post by reckless112 »

After i download and install Zmodeler 226, i can't start this program, it says :
This application has failed to start because application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling application may fix this problem.
Im using Microsoft windows xp.
Have installed: microsoft visual c++ 2005 redistributable, 2008 redistributable x86, 2010 x86 redistributable, directx_Jun2010_redist.
What to do? :(
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

You should install XP SP3 probably.

Also, there were several "Visual Studio c++ 2005 redistributable" released. You need to check release dates of vcredist_x86.exe files that you install. The first one to install is April 2006; then there was an "redistributable ATL Security Update" dated June 2010 and the latest one was released in 2011.

I don't know which is a must of them, but preferable to have them all installed to be sure you have all versions of libraries available on your system.
reckless112

Post by reckless112 »

Funny thing, Zmodeler2 v2.0.8 works fine but this Zmodeler v2.6.6 don't, forgot to write, if this helps.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

it doesn't relate.
Somewhere in 2007 Microsoft decided to update it's "Visual Studio" products in shitty way, so we get a software compilation that requires different stuff installed on end-user PC. It happend 3 times already and I suspect it will keep happening later.

Since ZModeler 2.2.0, each version released was affected by some "vcredist_x86" package, so you should check "Release notes" for the version of ZModeler you try to run.

Hopefully, ZModeler3 will be supplied with all depended libraries in one package.
RoadTrain

Post by RoadTrain »

As I'm trying to make SDK's ZM2 Debug build working I've found a great tool that can help you find missing libraries.
http://weblogs.asp.net/kennykerr/archiv ... w-1-0.aspx
Run it and open Zmodeler2.exe in it and it will show which Side-by-side assemblies are needed and their versions.

Oleg, the debug version of ZM2 contains the manifest below

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?> 
- <assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
- <dependency>
- <dependentAssembly>
  <assemblyIdentity type="Win32" name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" version="6.0.0.0" processorArchitecture="X86" publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df" language="*" /> 
  </dependentAssembly>
  </dependency>
- <dependency>
- <dependentAssembly>
  <assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT" version="8.0.50727.4053" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b" /> 
  </dependentAssembly>
  </dependency>
- <dependency>
- <dependentAssembly>
  <assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.VC80.DebugMFC" version="8.0.50727.4053" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b" /> 
  </dependentAssembly>
  </dependency>
  </assembly>
It means that it requires DebugCRT and DebugMFC dependencies of 8.0.50727.4053 version that are not available in a common vcredist. Even more you provided these libraries with your build but theyre of 8.0.50727.762 version and thus are not compatible.

Maybe this article is worth reading http://tedwvc.wordpress.com/2009/08/10/ ... -kb971090/

I will try installing VS2005 and SP1 and then let you know if debug build is running.
RoadTrain

Post by RoadTrain »

Yes, I got it working! Firstly installed VS2005 and SP1 for it.
Then downloaded this security update and Debug build started to work.

Directories required (and appeared after ATl update) in WINDOWS/WinSxS are:

x86_Microsoft.VC80.DebugMFC_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4053_x-ww_a0fb332d
x86_Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4053_x-ww_d014c028
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Debug build? I supply only release builds that are no way affected by debug libraries of MFC/ATL or anything else..
RoadTrain

Post by RoadTrain »

Oleg wrote:Debug build? I supply only release builds that are no way affected by debug libraries of MFC/ATL or anything else..
here I speak of SDK which contains Debug version of ZM2 with no filters. Its convenient to debug filters when writing them.
The same story could be with Release builds requiring specific redist version.
reckless112

Post by reckless112 »

Yea, about vcredist.msi, i have problem, found what vcredist.exe i need to install but can't install it because vcredist.msi, been reading alot and others have the same problem, after starting installation, he did something and after awhile he says that setup can't find vcredist.msi. And i searched it and found it somwhere at documents and settings/.../.../temp/vcredist.msi and set the path to the setup of him but says that this .msi file is invalid for installation, and have tried other way but same, have been unpacked vcredist.exe and extracted from vcredist.exe this vcredist.msi. I don't know how to install this vcredist.msi.
HELP ! ! ! :(
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

You should download vcredist_x86.exe installation file. Make sure you download it from microsoft.com website only! After download check the file size and make sure it matches the size specified on download page.

Then run the file. it will install all the things you need; it does not require additional *.msi files download. Just to check, make sure your drive with "C:\...Temp" folder is not full.
reckless112

Post by reckless112 »

excuse me, can you write link for vcredist.exe for zmodeler 2.2.6 build 992, please, found millions of them for my pc, from microsoft site and still nothing, old stuff occurs.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Ok, here's a pack of libraris from my system. You should extract them into the same folder as ZModeler2.exe file.