NFSMW bin files correct import

ZModeler2-related discussion. General questions, howto, etc.

Moderator: Oleg

gtafan2019

NFSMW bin files correct import

Post by gtafan2019 »

I tried to import NFS Most Wanted bin files to Zmodeler 2.0.8 and it worcks for geometry, but not textures, so the model is imported, but without textures, which makes the import useles. The textures are all in the same folder as the bin file with the model.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: NFSMW bin files correct import

Post by Oleg »

NFS BIN files research was abandoned. I have not explored how to deal with materials and textures, because the BIN file does not specify texture file names. Instead it has some quick-search hashes instead.

You can try assigning textures onto materials manually, as the UV mapping is retained on import.
gtafan2019

Re: NFSMW bin files correct import

Post by gtafan2019 »

Oleg wrote:NFS BIN files research was abandoned. I have not explored how to deal with materials and textures, because the BIN file does not specify texture file names. Instead it has some quick-search hashes instead.

You can try assigning textures onto materials manually, as the UV mapping is retained on import.
Assigning textures onto materials manually, nice joke. Any idea how many material texture combinations exist for a single model? For Carbon texture asignin the importer seems to worck fine. I konow Carbon bin format is diferent to Most Wanted. Also wondering how NFSMW export should worck, if you have no idea about how to deal with materials and textures?