Scene empty after import

2k Czech Mafia II game modding.

Moderator: Oleg

Scene empty after import

Postby Headshots_Ops » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:16 am

Hello

I'm trying to import some map files into Zmodeler3.
Almost all models work fine but some of them appear as empty after import

Example: Seagift and Kingstone (located in the city folder)

I used the same procedure as described in the guide, it works for almost every model except most interiors and kingston

At first Zmodeler looks like its loading, but after it's done, the scene is just empty and no objects have appeared in the list either.
This is what I get after importation of kingston

Apart from that, im getting some regular missing texture errors, but that shouldn't be the problem as far as I know.

Thanks for the help.
Headshots_Ops

Re: Scene empty after import

Postby Oleg » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:55 am

importer was not tested on scene/map objects. It might abandon import on unexpected data. Also, not sure on "Unknown shader adaptation" - it might stop import too, but very unlikely it is the cause.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Headshots_Ops » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:45 am

Oleg wrote:importer was not tested on scene/map objects. It might abandon import on unexpected data. Also, not sure on "Unknown shader adaptation" - it might stop import too, but very unlikely it is the cause.

Ah I see.
The unknown shader adaption apeared all the time whilst importing map or scene models but that didn't cause any problems on the succesfully imported ones.

I've been messing a bit with the FrameResource_0.bin in a hex editor and it seems that the marked bit of data represents the amount of scene groups.
changing this to any number would upon importation actually create some object hierarchy but its a bit messed up and still no objects in the scene.
If I delete a IndexBufferpool and VertexBufferpool file, Zmodeler gives an error after importation that it can not find e.g "scene.kingstn36.random"

So it certainly is being read but for some reason something must cancel it after i guess, like you said.

Is there like a log file that would maybe indicate what has gone wrong after importation? The error report within the program doesn't give any errors except for the usual shader and texture errors.

Thank you
Headshots_Ops

Postby Oleg » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:14 pm

send me an unpacked folder with files. the detailed import log is created by debug build of zmodeler and import/export filters.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Headshots_Ops » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:35 am

Oleg wrote:send me an unpacked folder with files. the detailed import log is created by debug build of zmodeler and import/export filters.

Here' s a direct link:
http://download1029.mediafire.com/t5l1f ... gstone.rar

Thanks for looking into it.
Headshots_Ops

Postby Oleg » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:21 am

it will be importable in next update. my current zmod version 3.1.5, I can't upload fix for version 3.1.4.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Headshots_Ops » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:50 am

Awesome! thanks alot
Headshots_Ops

Return to Mafia II