Make plastic car parts to burn as tyres - Possible?

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

Make plastic car parts to burn as tyres - Possible?

Postby Danix.93 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:20 pm

Hi guys! Do you know when a wheel catches fire in game? The tyre burns and explodes, and only the rim remains.
I was thinking if it would be possible to insert the same parameter that allows all this in the "interior" material (or another material configured to plasic for example), so when the vehicle catches fire, the seats and interior stuff burns and will remain only the chassis!
Any suggestions?
Danix.93

Re: Make plastic car parts to burn as tyres - Possible?

Postby Oleg » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:14 pm

barely possible. wheel tire explodes and disappears with respect to settings in vehicle's metadata file. it specifies the radius of wheel (to remain) and some other parameters, so the game can chop some geometry in real time. I don't know how this works and how this could be configured the way to "hide/chop" some fragments of geometry (e.g. interior parts). And this feature works on vehicle_tire shader only, which supports extra mesh deformation (shot-down deformed tires, but not blown yet).
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Make plastic car parts to burn as tyres - Possible?

Postby Danix.93 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:23 am

This makes everything more difficult... I thought that the mesh of the tire that explodes was identified via vertex paint or something like that...!
Danix.93

Return to Grand Theft Auto V