Sliding door

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

Sliding door

Postby nordi06 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:47 am

Hey,

I'm trying to create a sliding door for a model. I tried using SlideX, SlideY, SlideZ but it's not working and I haven't been able to find much informations.
I tried to import a model with a sliding door but when I tried to access the user defined property it was empty...
Can anyone tell me how we make sliding doors on a model ?

Thanks.
nordi06

Re: Sliding door

Postby nordi06 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:51 pm

So I was able to find this:
Flags: ABE
SlideZ is 0, -1,7

However it's still not working (i'm using it on the "trailers" model)
nordi06

Postby tall70 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:34 am

If it's hard to figure out problem you can always import everything from original model, dummy door Collision everything. It doesn't matter if it's not going to match your car right now just see if it's going to work. Then you can replace one thing after another so you pinpoint your problem. Once you see why it wasn't working then you work on all the settings to have it sliding correctly in place
tall70
Beginner

Postby nordi06 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:33 am

Yeah I know, but the only thing not working on my model is the doors. Maybe I missed something, is there anything to set in the vehicles.meta, does it works only on some vehicles and not the others ?
Because the door do works, but it simply rotate and not slide.
nordi06

Postby tall70 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:32 am

I meant only door...rename all components of your existing door and unlink it, merge sliding door from original van, move the whole thing by dummy with children to same place where your previous dummy is, it doesn't matter door is not matching your vehicle, just put it there even it's gonna be overlapping or too small...test it in game. With that you will have all original correct settings on collision and dummy. If it still will not work correctly at least you'll know your problem is not there. If it will work, replace your door model and reshape collision to your model.
tall70
Beginner

Postby nordi06 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:10 pm

so, turns out I did everything correctly but for whatever reason, sliding doors do not work on the "trailers" model. I simply replaced another model and it worked.
nordi06

Return to Grand Theft Auto V