Car breaking after taking extra_8 off

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

Car breaking after taking extra_8 off

Postby Algonquin_Hood » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:06 am

So, hopefully my last contribution about this vehicle, as my Sadler Dually mod is close to completion.
I have the following problem: I made mudflaps as extra_8 for it. It has LODs, no collision, L0 L1 etc. all assigned correctly through this structure thingy.
When I spawn the car and it spawns with extra_8 on, I'm fine. The car works perfectly fine with no mistakes at all, but as soon as I take them off via trainer, the wheels disappear, my player falls through the ground and I start falling until the world LODs out and crashes. If I put extra_8 back on, everything is fixed again, I just have to get out so I don't fall through the map.
bbbc6aad0d30d1121b55ac300550fc0d.png
With mudflaps

9a09e9f39e39bb0e8fbc92134f83acc0.png
Without mudflaps

Another problem I have is my dirt being green, instead of gray like on the rest of the cars.
Thanks in advance!
Algonquin_Hood

Re: Car breaking after taking extra_8 off

Postby Oleg » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:15 pm

you should probably create collision for extra_8.

concerning the dirt color, it could be set in material properties on colors page->advanced colors; also check in OpenIV -> geometry->more information -> shaders -> locate the one associated with vehicle body (vehicle_paint*) and inspect values at shader parameter "DirtColor" - may be it is wrong.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Algonquin_Hood » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:00 am

I gave the mudflaps collision and confirmed that they work, but still, if I take extra_8 off the car ingame, the issue is still the same. About the green dirt; it fixed itself, but still was curious how to fix it incase it won't fix itself next time.
Algonquin_Hood

Postby Algonquin_Hood » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:18 pm

Alright, so I've found a fix for the issue above. I removed the collisions again because it's mudflaps, kinda inconvienient to have COLs on those in the terrain.
What I did to fix it was move extra_8 in the hierarchy to the complete bottom, just above chassis_dummy and chassis [COL].
Algonquin_Hood

Return to Grand Theft Auto V