Emissive and welding spot issues

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

Emissive and welding spot issues

Postby Algonquin_Hood » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:30 am

After fixing several issues with my mod, I ran into the dually fenders I've made being strangely-emissive, also the welding spots are darker, and I can't seem to come around the painting tool to lighten them up.
4d56cd7179b960087e11e23bfba55546.png

On the left dually fender, ontop you can see it being way too emissive, almost making it blend in with the ground at some angles.
On the right fender you see the welding problem.

Thanks in advance, and sorry in advance for making so many threads about this mod.
Algonquin_Hood

Re: Emissive and welding spot issues

Postby v8charger222 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:47 pm

Dude your back fenders look much better than my Sadler dually lol
v8charger222

Re: Emissive and welding spot issues

Postby Oleg » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:51 pm

vehicle_paint* shaders use per-vertex red color as mesh brightness component, so you can reduce per-vertex red color to darken model (Surface\Paint [primary color, Red] \ Color tool -> on vertices mode). Also, all shaders use specular's texture red channel for specular shininess and specular's texture green channel for reflection strength. ensure your mesh is assigned a proper material with correct specular texture (SPECMAP). Using "vehicle_smallspecmap" texture (white) will give full shininess and full reflection, use your own specmap texture if needed.

Additionally, you might need to recalculate normals on edited geometry, so reflections apply properly across surface (Surface\Normals\Calcualte tool).
Oleg
Site Admin

Return to Grand Theft Auto V