Reflective tape like stickers

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

Reflective tape like stickers

Postby dantsp » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:25 pm

Hi Oleg, do you think it's possible to have a reflective material without using lightemissive shader, like on the pic? It only brights up when a light pass through it

Take a look on the big GLEAM sticker

Around the actual stickers
dantsp

Re: Reflective tape like stickers

Postby tall70 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:51 pm

Try to play around with mirror Shader, make it as a background layer and then your writing on a stickers going to be layer on the top of it, badge or something, if it's gonna do something close to it, then you can try give it white or silverish texture
tall70
Beginner

Postby dantsp » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:00 am

tall70 wrote:Try to play around with mirror Shader, make it as a background layer and then your writing on a stickers going to be layer on the top of it, badge or something, if it's gonna do something close to it, then you can try give it white or silverish texture

Gonna test it, thanks!
dantsp

Postby dantsp » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:06 pm

tall70 wrote:Try to play around with mirror Shader, make it as a background layer and then your writing on a stickers going to be layer on the top of it, badge or something, if it's gonna do something close to it, then you can try give it white or silverish texture

You talking about the shader "mirror_default" right? It is making my game crash, tried 2 times with different shaders and that mirror shader was crashinng
dantsp

Postby tall70 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:39 pm

I meant mesh Shader the area for mirrors, just like you would do mirrors, sorry for confusion, but I have no idea if that's going to be good enough. It's reflective, but maybe in too different way.
tall70
Beginner

Postby Oleg » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:13 pm

i guess you should mess around with Specular settings. Take a look in OpenIV -> geometry->more information -> shaders -> "shader on an object of your interest" and inspect shader parameters names in a list; you can add any of these parameters in user-defined options of material in ZModeler and give desired values there to suppress those computed by an exporter. In particular, you can set higher value than ZModeler would ever save there. Parameters of your interest could be
reflectivePower (set higher)
specMapIntMask (barely will take much effect)
specularIntensityMult (set higher)
specularFalloffMult (set lower)
specularFresnel (set lower)

P.S. OpenIV crashes to be after update so I can't post any screenshots or try this out on my own.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby dantsp » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:51 am

tried changing those parameters and none worked
dantsp

Return to Grand Theft Auto V