After making glass break on zmodeler cause game to crash

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

After making glass break on zmodeler cause game to crash

Postby v8charger222 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:05 pm

Hi everyone, i followed the the instruction on this forum how to make windows to break but no matter what i do when in the game when i spawn the car i that edited to make the glass breaks the game crashes, i even tested it with a fresh vannila car and did the same thing. i followed the
[Guide] GTA V: Glass crash data (*.cwgv) on this website step by step and i get a crash on the game, what am i doing wrong and btw after watching 4 videos on how to make glass break i notice on their User defined option window collision part they only have just have E and Mass on there, i have E and Mass and stamina and m_fUnk8_a and M_fUnk8_b is that normal. please if anybody could help id greatly appreciate it. Image
v8charger222

Re: After making glass break on zmodeler cause game to crash

Postby v8charger222 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:06 pm

v8charger222

Postby v8charger222 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:19 pm

Anyone??
v8charger222

Postby tall70 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:45 pm

If you import vanilla car, you add crash line to texture and collision model, then you export it, import it in game and game crashes on vehicle spawn? This works for about pretty much everybody, it's hard to determine where a little mistake is.... I was going to tell you import original glass model and the original Collision to your vehicle, but if your game crashes after exporting original model, you must be making some little mistake adding those crash lines, to vanilla models it's just those crash lines in and cwgv files.
tall70
Beginner

Postby v8charger222 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:43 pm

Hi man thank you for answering. Do you think does it have to relate to the m_fUnk8_a and M_fUnk8_b in the window collision's User defined option when the window col is highlighted that's causing my game to crash?? Cause all I did was import the vanilla car export it then import it again highlighted the windows only polygon mode change it to the glass material not the inner glass, put crash on the glass material, then highlighted windows col only object mode, went to User defined option put crash there, closed it save, export both hi and low ytf then spawn car on the game then crash ....,.wonder if there is a way I could switch zmodler to default setting and start fresh
v8charger222

Postby tall70 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:08 pm

Check original model I believe it's supposed to be only mass value and e-value, it should work if you import original model and just add crash lines to texture and collision model

Also, I wonder what was the reason for exporting and re-importing, should be able to import make your changes in the first place, and on original model there should be no need to change anything to glass material, I'm not exactly understanding the explanation. Hopefully you get it going
tall70
Beginner

Postby v8charger222 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:41 am

Again with a fresh original vannilla car I imported the car I highlighted the col windows first then went to the User defined option and put crash. But I still see M_fUnk8_b and M_fUnk8_a there as well though i wonder what that means. I also see stamina there too. Like you mentioned a user defined option for glass col should have only mass value and e value but mine has those other things as well very weird. Anyways I found out what caused the crash in the game, it was something to do with adding crash to the glass material cause I exported the car with only adding crash to the col windows and the game didn't crash but when I add crash to both col and material then that's when the game screws up. I'm gonna see if I could get to the bottom of this thank you for your help and time sir
v8charger222

Postby Oleg » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:34 pm

options you mention should be of no your interest, these are generally relate to .ydr files collision and in rare case apply to .yft files (these are under research and I tested different combinations).

concerning the crash property: when you set crash property on collision object, an associated parent geometry object is inspected for material to contain "crash" property. only one material on such an object is allowed to have crash property. for example, if your door window uses material with vehicle_vehglass and another material with vehicle_vehglass_inner shader, only the first material is allowed to have crash property on it.

additionally, but this is not a must, geometry detail level could be the problem.

Also, keep in mind that game will use lower-detail geometry to draw crashed glass, so as soon as you crash the glass, the part from "model.yft" will be drawn while the rest of vehicle will be drawn from "model_hi.yft". That is why your model_hi and model.yft files have to match in hierarchy and, if possible, in materials being used. perfectly, the should reside on exactly the same set of materials (model_hi.yft is allowed to load higher-resolution textures for the same materials being used to get higher quality renders).
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby v8charger222 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:58 pm

Thank you for responding
v8charger222

Return to Grand Theft Auto V