Indicators not working

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

Indicators not working

Postby Carrythxd » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:16 am

I've been converting a vehicle from IV over to V and I've ran into a bit off an issue with the indicators. They don't work correctly and they don't display the correct texture. The front indicators are blinking but it's only a small white square in the middle of the indicator, the rear ones don't work at all. I've taken the lights directly from the V Vapid Sadler model and I've made sure that they're mapped correctly (both front & rear are using the indicator texture from the .dds file) and all of the tabs (DETAIL, MASK, etc.) inside the material are correct as well. I've added the required textures inside the .ytd as well and I've made sure that they have the correct names (all are called sadler_lights). I've also made sure that they're using the correct IDs. In the pictures below you can see that the indicators look fine in ZMod but change completely in OpenIV and ingame. The head- & taillights however look fine. Does anybody happen to have an idea what's wrong with them?

Carrythxd

Re: Indicators not working

Postby Oleg » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:46 am

it looks like we see a completely different texture on the lower screenshot. ensure no texture name conflicts occur, give a unique name to texture. also a helper Box object with your texture mapped on it will give a hint on game on what's going on.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Carrythxd » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:15 pm

Oleg wrote:it looks like we see a completely different texture on the lower screenshot. ensure no texture name conflicts occur, give a unique name to texture. also a helper Box object with your texture mapped on it will give a hint on game on what's going on.

Sorry for the late reply, I completely forgot about this thread here. But, I tried giving the texture a unique name, no difference. Do you have any other ideas in mind that I could try?
Carrythxd

Postby Oleg » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:27 am

make sure texture is not embedded; put it into .ytd file; if still no luck, export with embedded texture instead.
Oleg
Site Admin

Return to Grand Theft Auto V