Car crashing game ,

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

Car crashing game ,

Postby TickleMyElmo » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:44 pm

soo ive been working on a newish model basically just new lightbar and goodies for inside the car .. mind you not adding more rather just replacing parts .. my old model .yft and _hi were high in size about 10kb
and spawned just fine in game but now i cant even get this nearly exact same car to spawn and not crash with only 5.7kb .... its fucking pissing me off ..

help would be lovely .. if u would like to test the models for me just reply saying so and ill post the files for whoever to test
TickleMyElmo

Re: Car crashing game ,

Postby tall70 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:52 am

It's very hard to determine what went wrong without any details of changes you made. I guess best would be to retrace what have you done and replace your doing with original to pinpoint. These things are always pain for everybody, as it usually takes longer to figure out a problem than work on a mod, good luck
tall70
Beginner

Postby TickleMyElmo » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:07 pm

hi thanks , i havent done much which is why im so pissed lol literally just changed to a new lightbar and new back seat partition .. both parts are about the same size.. ive had older models which wont work due to certain parts for w.e reason but both parts have worked for me in the past
TickleMyElmo

Postby tall70 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:49 am

Yeah...remove one by one, don't even replace, just so you can test and isolate. Then when you know which one it is, look for irregularities, like a glass light bars should have a collisions, anything which original same parts have and you don't.

If you can't see the problem on the part causing crash, try to replace it with original from R* car even it doesn't fit, just so you can get it going. If your vehicle is way too detailed and it does have lods, maybe you just exceeding poly limit for one of those, although with size of your edit it sounds unlikely
tall70
Beginner

Postby TickleMyElmo » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:22 pm

so your saying it sounds more like a certain part causing this rather than a poly count?
TickleMyElmo

Postby tall70 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:02 pm

Yes, since you explained how little it adds in bites... remove part by part to isolate it.
tall70
Beginner

Return to Grand Theft Auto V