stronger bonnet

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

stronger bonnet

Postby fereeroxdteam » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:29 am

hello guys

i used bonnet as sunroof and it open and close with slide annimation fine and as it should beut the problem is when driving and sunroof open
it drops off the vehicle like actual bonnet do so any way to make it strong and sticky to car even in high speed
fereeroxdteam

Re: stronger bonnet

Postby tall70 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:53 pm

If you open it with SNT , it will have stronger spring. Other than that it's probably better to do it as extras and convertible function. That way you can make it glass, metal, and open. Then when it's raining it will always show glass or metal cover and when it's not raining it will do in random all options including open. When it's open it also automatically removes front door windows, that's a standard feature of convertible flag
tall70
Beginner

Postby fereeroxdteam » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:02 am

tall70 wrote:If you open it with SNT , it will have stronger spring. Other than that it's probably better to do it as extras and convertible function. That way you can make it glass, metal, and open. Then when it's raining it will always show glass or metal cover and when it's not raining it will do in random all options including open. When it's open it also automatically removes front door windows, that's a standard feature of convertible flag

@tall70 explain more plz i use Flag ABE for slide animation and i set slideZ values it open and close perfectly like real sunroof but when drive with speed it drops off the car like when drive with bonnet open it fly away from the car after some speed that the problem with the sunroof part glass in as window_rm crach and stuff all works fine the only problem is how to make it stronger so when drive with open sunroof not fly away from the car
fereeroxdteam

Postby Oleg » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:19 am

similar task on "props" (dynamic map objects) is currently under research. it might apply to vehicle components too once subject is deeply explored.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby tall70 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:38 pm

Fly Away? Do you mean it breaks off the vehicle?

I mean I noticed when SNT opens door, it has stronger spring to keep it open. It seems script has option for this. I don't think zmodeler has any option to affect this, but mr. Oleg can give us better clarification.

It's nice to have an animation but you have to open it manually and the vehicle will always spawn with sunroof closed. So I was suggesting to use extra system for convertible roofs. That allows interaction with rain plus option to have more than one object to spawn

Ultimately it would be best to use convertible roofs animation, instead of door animation, because they also automatically close when rain starts. However that proved to be very buggy, unless that has changed.
tall70
Beginner

Postby TomcattersVF31 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:26 pm

You can make it non-breakable using the handling.meta entry.

Search for the "strdamageflags" entry and set the second digit from the right to "1" (example: strdamageflags=10)
TomcattersVF31

Return to Grand Theft Auto V