Coloured glass

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

Coloured glass

Postby Riqitch811 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:35 am

I appreciate that this may be something used for police lightbars, but does the same apply to car taillights etc? How can I do it? Cheers.
Riqitch811

Re: Coloured glass

Postby Oleg » Wed May 31, 2017 3:15 am

i doubt it is possible to export such a material configuration at the moment, even though I suppose it is supported by the game.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Riqitch811 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 am

I'm currently working on a 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STi, and the taillights are proving quite a challenge.

Above is a picture from Forza 6, whilst the model I'm working on is from Forza Horizon 3 - but I believe the shaders are the same (or very similar) for both. As you can see, orangey-red glass covers the taillights whilst still allowing the bulbs etc to be seen. I've tried this many times in ZMod, with both vehicle_vehglass and vehicle_lights - trying different textures etc, and nothing seems to be able to replicate that look. Any help please?

Also, what is the best specmap for interiors to prevent them from looking glossy, but not matte at the same time? Thanks.
Riqitch811

Postby tall70 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:19 pm

Transparent glass should do this for you, gta 5 has 3d lights with things visible behind glass, it should be NP.

If interior with specular checked on top is not doing enough light reaction, try mesh shader with dark or black spec.
tall70
Beginner

Postby FoxtrotDelta » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:03 am

Riqitch811 wrote:I'm currently working on a 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STi, and the taillights are proving quite a challenge.

Above is a picture from Forza 6, whilst the model I'm working on is from Forza Horizon 3 - but I believe the shaders are the same (or very similar) for both. As you can see, orangey-red glass covers the taillights whilst still allowing the bulbs etc to be seen. I've tried this many times in ZMod, with both vehicle_vehglass and vehicle_lights - trying different textures etc, and nothing seems to be able to replicate that look. Any help please?

Also, what is the best specmap for interiors to prevent them from looking glossy, but not matte at the same time? Thanks.

Just give the Glass texture some transparency in photoshop or any image editor :P Also you might need to place the Glass Material at the bottom of the material browser list of materials this way everything renders first and the glass at the end. this way the things under that glass can be seen.
Im no Expert i Learn New Stuff Everyday
FoxtrotDelta

Return to Grand Theft Auto V