Add Shaders

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

Re: Add Shaders

Postby Oleg » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:44 am

not yet. shaders seem to be badly portable at the moment. also, I can't find how the game makes water on the ground. it seem to be related to some texture and per-vertex color, but I can't find an exact masking pattern, neither exact per-vertex color component for it.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby _Vlad_ » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:34 am

@Oleg
oh... yeah, btw do you need examples of files with water ? x64j.rpf\levels\gta5\_citye\hollywood_01\hw1_26.rpf\hw1_26_water.ydr
_Vlad_
Beginner

Postby _Vlad_ » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:41 am

well, GIMS was updated today with export ability
maybe you can get some information about shaders from gims? because i didnt like to work in 3ds max
_Vlad_
Beginner

Postby Oleg » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:06 am

most of info is taken from fxc files (parameter names) and in-game view/screenshots (how shader should look in game). the rest is a magic of porting this onto zmodeler materials and (the most problematic) an ability to re-create gta materials from zmodeler materials info. there is always an option to put all parameters into user-defined options and let user type parameter values by hand, but I don't like this kind of porting. additionally, I prefer in-zmodeler 3D view to represent materials as much like to original as could be reached.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Oleg » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:18 pm

terrain_cb_w_4lyr_pxm and terrain_cb_w_4lyr_2tex_blend_pxm_spm added. These were pretty complex to port into ZModeler.
both use four packs of textures (diffuse + bump + height) blended via per-vertex green/blue channel (first shader) or via lookup texture on UV#2 (second shader).

Textures are blended as
#1 = no green, no blue
#2 = blue only
#3 = green only
#4 = both green and blue.

no config script for these pair of shaders yet.

Will inspect trees_lod/trees_lod2 crash this weekend.

Also, grass_fur_mask shader is used on separate models bh1_46_furgrass_south0*.ydr, which are overlay for ground polygons.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby _Vlad_ » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:16 pm

@Oleg, wow, thanks a lot!
can you please take a look at another shader"cutout_tnt
model with this shader is x64l.rpf\levels\gta5\_cityw\beverly_01\beverly.rpf\bh1_46_slod1_children.ydd
it's a lod model of previous model with terrain shaders
_Vlad_
Beginner

Previous

Return to Grand Theft Auto V