[WIP] GTAV: Lights

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

Re: [WIP] GTAV: Lights

Postby Oleg » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:01 pm

does it actually change range when you export? (re-import and verify range in ZM again).

I've checked description of light info in my code and see nothing suspicious, relative to ranges. I haven't tested omni lights in game to be honest, used to deal with spotlights only. I've tried to import/export/re-import a .ydr file that has omni-light in it, and most of logged settings are retained. the range value I used does actually seem to be the range and no other value looks to be the range-controlling..

alternatively, you can try creating spot-lights from roof lamps pointing into the floor and adding a spot-light from mid-point height pointing up to the roof to emulate light "around" the rooflamp.

light name is insignificant, they are unnamed inside .ydr/.yft files.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby tall70 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:52 pm

thanks for response again

I tested reimport which shows all values same as i done them, only thing it imported lights twice if i imported both hi and reg. YFTs
I also reexported this after i removed one set of lights to try in game, but it was same.

i tested SPOT lights with same result, i must be doing something else wrong, i have set range to touch seats but not floor and it shines way bellow the bus

tall70
Beginner

Postby tall70 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:42 am

Inserted pictures get cut off on right side, i had UDO window there, but you might don't need it
tall70
Beginner

Postby Oleg » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:45 am

if I'm not mistaken, GTA uses attenuation values 1,1,1 while ZM uses default 0,1,0.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby tall70 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:24 pm

Does it mean anything for a range? It seems in game no matter what value I give to range it stays the same and attenuation is beginning at the same Edge towards Center. I'm assuming edge of cone or sphere in ZM supposed to represent same edge of light in game, so when it's set as you see on ZM pictures it shouldn't reach that much further in game.

Really I'm not sure if range settings is something which supposed to 100% work, or u were guessing
tall70
Beginner

Postby Oleg » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:51 am

there are several values in light definition that looks like range, current export sets one of them to be a range. game engine might have a different meaning for the range value, allowing light to emit even further. have you tried attenuation values I've specified already?
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby tall70 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:46 pm

Attenuation values in properties/configuration i never touched, i just double checked, they original 0, 1, 0, ...only attenuation i changed is in user-defined options Power, number on right, so there on previous page, the very bottom pic, bottom half, has set number on right in power to about 50 instead 0, pic above shows that setting 0 which is the TOP half of bottom picture in game ... I understand you have other things to do, but please let me know here at some point if there is something else i can do to set range correctly.

edit: i just noticed pictures are showing in full size now and you can see above configuration windows with attenuation values
tall70
Beginner

Previous

Return to Grand Theft Auto V