[WIP] GTAV: Lights

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
XBR410

Re: [WIP] GTAV: Lights

Post by XBR410 »

While this topic seems to be somewhat inactive, I've learned something about these light objects during my time attempting to implement them onto a truck I'm working on. I'm currently trying to figure out a fix for an issue where the light objects will disappear entirely (sometimes just the environmental lighting) while the vehicle is moving, it is extremely inconsistent, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't however I've discovered that the lights are consistent and reliable outside of the city on the map, however when in the city, it appears that maybe certain buildings, or perhaps the number of streetlights are overriding the environmental light set off by the light objects added, Is there a flag or some value I need to change to avoid this issue from happening? or is this something that others are experiencing as well and I've just missed it, Below I will link the parameters I have set for each of the 12 light objects I have on the truck.

Parameters: Image
Lights under truck in working condition: Image
Cocaine_Nose_Job

Post by Cocaine_Nose_Job »

I know I am a little behind the curve, but I was curious about seeing if any further flags had been figured out. I have connected a light and it works well, the only thing is that it randomly turns off. I haven't found anything to force it on. I appreciate any help that you all can give!
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

well, no, it is not under research.
turnrighttogoleft

Post by turnrighttogoleft »

XBR410 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:32 am While this topic seems to be somewhat inactive, I've learned something about these light objects during my time attempting to implement them onto a truck I'm working on. I'm currently trying to figure out a fix for an issue where the light objects will disappear entirely (sometimes just the environmental lighting) while the vehicle is moving, it is extremely inconsistent, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't however I've discovered that the lights are consistent and reliable outside of the city on the map, however when in the city, it appears that maybe certain buildings, or perhaps the number of streetlights are overriding the environmental light set off by the light objects added, Is there a flag or some value I need to change to avoid this issue from happening? or is this something that others are experiencing as well and I've just missed it, Below I will link the parameters I have set for each of the 12 light objects I have on the truck.

Parameters: Image
Lights under truck in working condition: Image
Did you ever end up figuring this out?
Sirvilmos

Post by Sirvilmos »

Not sure if anyone still monitors this post but the issue I'm having is the lights may not be seen from other's perspectives. For example, I added a spotlight to a police car on a FiveM server and my friend couldn't see the light although I could. Same when he was inside the vehicle and I was outside. He could see it but I couldn't. Not sure if these lights are only client sided or not. Weird because it's the same light as a street light and everyone can see street lights (although that's a map mod vs a vehicle mod, might make a difference)