Dials won't work

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

Moderator: madga182

Dials won't work

Postby Chezy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:07 am

I've followed many instructions on how to get the dials to work on a modded car, but I've come to a point where everything I try just doesn't work at all. So I really hope that you can help me out.

First thing I did was converting a Buick Roadmaster 1996, replacing the Stanier and using dials from the Cavalcade. Of course, I changed all the necessary entries in the vehicles.meta (also in the updated one), used the correct material, and so on. But here's how it looks. First picture is in ZMod, second is in OpenIV, third picture is ingame:

Image Image Image

After desperately trying and failing, I decided to convert another car, just to pass time, this time a Buick Y-Job 1938 (of course, both cars are converted with permission, in case you ask). I replaced the Casco and even tried to use the dials that were already written in the vehicles.meta (Dukes), so I could be sure that I would't have to change anything. But again:

Image Image Image

I really hope that you can help me out, since I really don't know what else to do. Thanks!
Chezy

Re: Dials won't work

Postby tall70 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:53 pm

It looks like in game dials are completely missing, only background is present. It seems that it's incorrect Shader for dial script. One way to be sure is to import original dials from R* car, which will also add it's own Shader material. Then place it there somewhere close, doesn't have to fit just to test. Then if it's going to work, you can use this material for your dials, or reshape new dials to fit exactly and keep it all.
tall70
Beginner

Postby _cp_ » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:27 pm

Make sure that dial texture (if it is in vehicle's texture files, like your casco.ytd) have no mipmaps, change it in Zmodeler. And of course - dials has to use L0 and L1.
_cp_
Beginner

Postby Chezy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:28 pm

Sorry for bringing up this old thread again, but the problem is still there unfortunately. This:

_cp_ wrote:Make sure that dial texture (if it is in vehicle's texture files, like your casco.ytd) have no mipmaps, change it in Zmodeler. And of course - dials has to use L0 and L1.

didn't work either. The MipMaps are off on the dials material.

Now, I think it would be best if someone could give me a brief step by step tutorial on how to get working dials in GTA V. What values to change in which data files and so on... it doesn't have to be very detailed, but maybe I will see a step then and realize that I haven't done that on my car.

Thanks for your help!
Chezy

Postby Flynhigh » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:38 pm

Not sure if its right or will work for you but try to put texture in yourcar_hi.ytd it worked for me.
Flynhigh

Return to Grand Theft Auto V