GTA V character (Player, NPC) modding

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
yabatou1985

Re: Ped models

Post by yabatou1985 »

Oleg wrote:Try this as a reference material:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGj0szxzeWM

To bind mesh and skeleton, use Select\Mark tool on skeleton base (big sphere); then use Rigging\Bind tool and click on mesh object while skeleton base is still marked.
Thank you very much, but I don't know what the problem is. I deleted the GTA5 game model, leaving only the skeleton file and save. The game role model is exported to obj format. Finally, open the file with the bone and import the model in obj format, and then follow the steps you mentioned above. But when I'm at the top of the bone, right click on "Bones > bone Current", nothing happens. How do I continue to operate, I hope to get your answer. thank you.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 971&type=3
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

1. When you load a model from OBJ file, its geometry is not "bones-ready". You have to toggle on "Rigging" and set "Bones" to 4 in Properties -> Mesh -> Vertices -> Format (select an object, set these options and press Apply).

2. It is not recommended to delete original model when you wish to replace it. Original model is the best source of bones influence information and it could be copied with just two clicks. Otherwise, it will take quite a long to re-assign weight of entire skeleton onto your new model.

A weight assignment workflow is the following:
1. Bind mesh and skeleton (done)
2. ensure mesh has "Rigging" and bones (4) on its mesh format.
3. Set any bone as "current". Toggle on "Semitransparent" viewport mode on. (in a top row of viewport options near the "zoom" icon). When semitransparent mode is on, a weight paint/assignment will go in see-through mode (front-facing and back-facing vertices).
4. switch an object to vertices level (select and hide vertices that are already weighted and should not be affected), use Rigging\Influence\Paint tool to assign weight of the currently selected bone; Use display\Show command on vertices level to unhide vertices back.
yabatou1985

Post by yabatou1985 »

Thank you very much for your reply, I will carefully study.
Z@gor

Post by Z@gor »

Hi, Oleg
Thanks for the ydd support but there are issues about the skeleton I'm having problem with.
Torso, head and legs move all together while they need to move independently.
I'm trying to apply what you told on prior messages but my english is not good enough.
Can you please prepare a tutorial instructing about the basic logic of this task?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

head/legs/torso moves all together when vertices on these models have no "affecting bones influence" info on them. technically, all vertices should have an info "move together with _this_ skeleton bone" or an info like "move like 40% of _this_ skeleton bone movement and 60% of _that_ skeleton bone movement". These are per-vertex bone influence info.

You need to
1. bind your mesh with original skeleton;
2. make your mesh bone-driven (by enabling "Rigging" option and settings max bones to 4)
3. assign bone influence info onto all vertices of your mesh (the best way is to copy them from associated original mesh).

I can't make a video on this subject as I'm currently using a laptop device, but most of the info you need is available in a "Sims modding" video I've posted earlier. The only missing is step #1 - binding mesh and skeleton if I'm not mistaken.
yabatou1985

Post by yabatou1985 »

Hello, I would like to know, edit the role model of GTA5, whether it can move the original skeleton to match the new model. Because the models from other games can not be the same as the role of GTA5 in the size of the body. Especially finger.

Now can't export the modified character skeleton file (the file in YFT format)? Because I have modified the YFT file into the game, the game can not run.

How to eliminate the impact of bone on the other parts of the eye model, because the external model of the head features and the original bone does not match, so I only need the neck part of the bone can be active. And now I need to check to see that each bone will not affect the other parts of the model, and what the method can be more quickly and effectively, to avoid a bone on the other part of the model to separate the impact. Because the role model of GTA5 need to be divided into the head, upper body, lower body, accessories, etc..

"Original model is the best source of bones influence information and it could be copied with just two clicks. " ——Do you mean to check this option (influence Propeties>Skeleton>Auto) ?

Thank you!
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

If I'm not mistaken, it is allowed to edit skeleton and export .yft file. Make sure to set "Export LODs" mode in export window to "Skeleton only". Note, you should move bones while skeleton is in "Setup mode" : right-click on skeleton base and pick Bones->Setup Mode. I've tried this on Franklin model, not sure on NPC models.

Concerning bones influence that come up with original model and not match the GTA skeleton bones, it is recommended to remove influence of all bones first: bind the skeleton, set current bone to 0, (right-click on skeleton, pick Bones->Current Bone, set 0, press ok), and use Influence paint tool on vertices level to paint influence on all vertices - the model should turn all red. Then you can assign correct bones influence with paint or copy tool.

Before you copy weights, it is recommended to split your new model into the same parts as original model, so you have head, eyes, upper, lower separate from each other.
Original model is the best source of bones influence information and it could be copied with just two clicks.
This means the Rigging\Influence\Copy is the best practice.
jridah

Post by jridah »

Hi Oleg, thanks again for fixing the "default" shader on the weapon textures, now, a friend of me made a HQ CJ and Sweet model, I need to rigg these both this week, and I tried following your past reactions but I cant get it done, anyway I can send u an Original ydd of GTA V, with which you can make a tutorial? I usually mod on my laptop too, and now I can understand not all laptops can handle GTA V but it sure handles Zmod so you could still make a tutorial, would really appreciate this and probably more people!
yabatou1985

Post by yabatou1985 »

When I edited one of the bones of the range, continue to edit the scope of the impact of another bone. When I went back to see the influence of the bones that had been edited before, I found that the range of effects had changed. Why? How can I avoid it?
Z@gor

Post by Z@gor »

Oleg, My Zmodeler license is about to expire and cannot buy a new license since Paypal has left Turkey. Is there any other way of buying licence?
yabatou1985

Post by yabatou1985 »

Hello, I found a problem, the modified model in the wind and riding a motorcycle when the model will be shaking. Is not a place to set the error caused by?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

This is a build-in feature of ped shaders allowing micro-cloth simulation on a mesh. Read here: viewtopic.php?p=47972#p47972

The specular per-vertex color is what you need to be changed. If I'm not mistaken, R, G, B specular color components on vertices are the freedom of movement in X/Y/Z directions on wind for this particular vertex. so you can paint rigid vertices to black (no wind response) and tips of dress to some random shades of red/green/blue (mixed randomly), so tips of cuffs can shake a little on the wind. The specular color paint scheme is: [vertices level] swap colors -> paint -> swap colors.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

yabatou1985 wrote:When I edited one of the bones of the range, continue to edit the scope of the impact of another bone. When I went back to see the influence of the bones that had been edited before, I found that the range of effects had changed. Why? How can I avoid it?
when mesh has at multiple bones influence on vertices (Max bones in gta is 4), adding influence of one bone will reduce influence of another bone, so it is Ok for the influence to change from full (red) to "some affection" (orange to yellow to green) when another bone gains more affection on associated vertices.
cyberzone2

Post by cyberzone2 »

When are you going to support ped alphas? The hair is quite buggy ATM.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

buggy on original models being imported and exported with no changes?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

An update to "Skeleton.zmp" plugin have been submitted. A Rigging\Skeleton\Unbind tool will now commit geometry transformation on associated meshes if you use this tool on skeleton in non-setup mode (when "Setup Mode" is off on skeleton base).

Thus, you can refine original mesh pose with it's native skeleton before unbinding it. You will get a geometry in pose that suits your needs, which is especially handy if you use the influence copy tool from GTA model onto your model.
Lundy

Post by Lundy »

I have since followed your instructions on mesh attaching to the ped models. But I still seem to have one part on the model that isn't fully attached or something. The police belt I made works fine, but the revolver I put in the gun holster wobbles around like mad. Nothing has worked for it.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

influence copy does not work on groups. If your [source or destination] model is a group, influence will not get copied properly. Ensure you set max bones on object and turn on "transformation" in properties/mesh/vertices/format.

once you've attached pistol to the rest of the model, you can still assign influence. Set desired bone as the current one and use Rigging\Influence\Paint tool on vertices level. you can use Select\Element + Select\Invert to hide unnecessary vertices before you paint. The whole pistol should paint in red (full influence of current bone). The bone is probably "Spine0" or "Spine1".
yabatou1985

Post by yabatou1985 »

Download address
https://mega.nz/#!mNcBhR5C!Hk-C-d5xC68X ... vjCvYBZ5Mw
Installation path
Grand Theft Auto V\x64v.rpf\models\cdimages\componentpeds_a_m_y.rpf\

Unfortunately, this problem is not solved. About the wind effects, I can use the game modifier to close the wind can be resolved. But I can't solve it, the game character will be a violent trembling when riding a motorcycle.

The above is my model, if you can, please help me look at what the problem is in what place. Thank you very much.!!!
Lundy

Post by Lundy »

I have tried what you tell me, but the gun still wiggles in the belt. I have marked the bone, painted, attached and reattached, checked my bone numbers, but nothing seems to work for this.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

if you right-click on skeleton and disable "Setup mode", you can move/rotate bones (with no harm, as you can "Reset transform" to revert back) - give it a try in ZModeler and check whether the problematic gun is actually affected by the bone you need.
Lundy

Post by Lundy »

What about for a pedprop?
http://puu.sh/pSD89/a5403e91d7.jpg
I did this to the original cop hat and used it for the highway cop, the badge does the exact same as the gun in the holster, except the hat doesn't have a skeleton setup.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

can you confirm correct bone weighting of the problematic part using a "bone movement" approach as shown above? also, have you paint black the specular color on new geometry?
Lundy

Post by Lundy »

How would I check this on the hat? And for the specular colour, do you mean the same specular as if I were converting a car to GTA V?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I mean this "per-vertex specular color":
Oleg wrote:This is a build-in feature of ped shaders allowing micro-cloth simulation on a mesh. Read here: viewtopic.php?p=47972#p47972

The specular per-vertex color is what you need to be changed. If I'm not mistaken, R, G, B specular color components on vertices are the freedom of movement in X/Y/Z directions on wind for this particular vertex. so you can paint rigid vertices to black (no wind response) and tips of dress to some random shades of red/green/blue (mixed randomly), so tips of cuffs can shake a little on the wind. The specular color paint scheme is: [vertices level] swap colors -> paint -> swap colors.